SEMINAR. 1 . T itle : N ano Particle Contamination Control in the Semiconductor Manufacturing Process 2. S peaker : D r. Jaein Jeong (Samsung Electronics ) 3. T ime : 1 6 :00 – 17:30, Thursday, December 13, 2007
1. Title : NanoParticle Contamination Control in the Semiconductor Manufacturing Process
2. Speaker : Dr. Jaein Jeong (Samsung Electronics )
3. Time : 16:00 – 17:30, Thursday, December 13, 2007
4. Place : e+ Lecture Hall (room 83188), 2nd Research Building, Sungkyunkwan University
5. Summary :
Nano-scale semiconductor devices play an important role to make human life better and memory device is a major technology driver in the semiconductor industry. However, with the shrinkage of the device’s feature size, nano particle contamination has emerged as a serious problem in the semiconductor manufacturing Fabs, which results in yield and productivity drop. In this seminar, the following issues concerning the challenge of nano particle contamination will be discussed;
- The number of nano-sized particles deposited on the wafer surface rapidly increases while their removal efficiency decreases.
- For the nano-size particle control, it is more important to understand the process reaction mechanism and to use proper defect inspection tools and methods.
- It has to be studied on the advanced particle control technology from the development of new materials.
- To control the particle generation on the process, continuous improvement for the process chamber and parts cleaning technology is needed.
- To understand the particle formation in the process equipment, we have to develop the in-situ process diagnostic tools, such as ISPM and PBMS.
6 Background :
1997 Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, B.S
1999 Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, M.S
2002 Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, Ph.D
2002-2004 Researcher, Institute of Advanced Machinery and Design
2004-2005 Senior Engineer, Samsung Corning Research Center
2005- Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Technology Team 2, Memory Division, Samsung, Semiconductor Business, Samsung Electronics
7. Questions : Professor Taesung Kim (☏ 031-290-7466)