Unit 5 Films Period 3. Reading Two. Review and answer the questions. How do you know that Audrey Hepburn is famous in the world? When Audrey Hepburn died in 1993, the world mourned the loss of a great beauty, a great actress and a great humanitarian.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Unit 5 Films Period 3
Review and answer the questions
2. What was her dream when she was very young?
3. Which film made Audrey Hepburn become famous immediately?
Her dream was to become a successful ballet dancer.
4. What did she want to remind people in her only one TV series, Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn?
She wanted to remind us that we should protect the environment.
5. Why do people remember her not just a great actress, but also as a great humanitarian?
Because she devoted much of her time to charity.
II. Language Points
He plays not only the piano but also the violin.(连接宾语）
He not only sings well but also dances beautifully.（连接谓语）
(2) not only…but also… 连接两个主语时, 谓语动词要和与but also后的主语保持人称和数的一致。
Not only the students but also the teacheris going to the zoo tomorrow.
Not only the teacher but also the studentsare going to the zoo tomorrow.
(3) both…and… 意为“既……又……”或“……和……”, 用在肯定句中, 谓语用复数形式。
Both my father and I are going to attend the charity show next Friday.
We visited both Beijing and Nanjing.
(2). be famous as意为“以……著称”、“以某种身份而闻名/出名”
Einstein was famous as a great scientist.
Lu Xun is famous as a writer.
3. She had put all her effortinto ballet training before she entered the film industry.
① effort 用作可数名词，意为“努力”、“努力的尝试”，常与不定式连用。
(1) in an effort to do something 表示“尽力做某事”。
(2) make efforts to do sth 表示“努力、奋力做某事”。
Mary worked hard in an effort to win the trust of her boss.
I’ll make efforts to help you when you are in trouble.
② enter意为“进入”，相当于go into, come into。注意：enter后面不能加into.
I entered the room quietly.
All the students stopped talking when the teacher entered the classroom.
4. Audrey’s beauty and charm attracted the writer’s attention.
The charity concert attracted a lot of audiences.
I tried to attracted his attention, but failed.
attract 与介词to连用，意为“把 (人等) 吸引到……”。
What do you think attracts people to big cities?
5. Colette insisted that Audrey was the perfect girl to play the lead role in the play.
1) insist用作及物动词， 意为“坚持认为”、“坚持说”， 指说话人强调的一个事实、建议或要求， 其后的宾语从句要用陈述语气。
The young man insisted that he was not there when the accident happened.
He insisted that his answer was right.
2) insist on意为“坚持”、“强调”、“坚决主张(做某事) ”， 其宾语常用名词或动名词形式。介词on也可以改为upon, 意思不变。
6. Shortlyafter, Audrey was chosen to play the lead role of a young Princess in the Hollywood film Roman Holiday.
1) shortly用作副词,意为“立刻”、“不久”。相当于soon, right away.
The guess will arrive shortly.
2) shortly after 意为“不久以后”，
shortly before 意为“不久以前”。
The school was built shortly after the war.
We arrived shortly before the film began.
3) play a role in … 在……起作用
Mike played an important rolein the charity party.
Susan played the lead role in the class activity.
The photo on the wall reminded me of the wonderful trip in Nanjing.
You reminded me of my mother.
The letter reminded me that I must write an-email to him.
(2) protect用作动词, 意为“保护”、“警戒”, 常与from 连用, 后面接名词、动名词或代词。
The policeman was wearing dark glasses to protect himself from the sun.
We must take action to protect the wild animals from killing.
8. People remembered her not just as a great actress, but also as a great humanitarian who devoted much of her time to charity.
1) remember... as...意为“把……当做……来记住/纪念”。
I remembered Bill as a hard-working student.
devote用作动词， 意为“献身于”、“致力于”， 后面一般要跟oneself, one’s life, one’s time, one’s efforts 等。常与介词to连用, 后面要跟名词或动名词。
Simon devoted lots of time to this question.
Nick has devoted himself to teaching since he left school.
9. Ten days later, at the age of 63, Audrey passed away, peacefully, in her sleep.
Our great chairperson, Mao Zedong, passed away, but he is still in people’s heart.
1.When I entered into the office nobody was there .
2.They devoted themselves to teach us.
teach 改成 teaching
3.Not only Sandy but also Sue like eating potato chips.
like 改成 likes
4.Harry potter is a well-know film in the world.
5.He’ll play a leader role in my latest drama.
leader 改成 lead
1.The Great Wall ______________ more and more people to Beijing.
2.Fei Junlong put all his ____________ into the flight of “Shen 6”.
3.Many soldiers ____________ their lives to our motherland during the Anti-Japanese War.
4.We should take some actions to protect the _______________.
5.Before you ___________ the teachers’ office, you should knock on the door.
6.Liu Xiaoqin played the ___________ role in the play “The last night of Miss Jin.”
7.The ___________ text of this book is a detective story.
8.My grandmother ____________ for her dead pet dog for many years.
1 Every year many __________ children can get help from UNICEF. ( need )
2 He had a serious traffic accident and died because of ________ of much blood.( lose )
3 My brother began to work at this big company __________ after he finished college.( short )
4 The people don’t want any wars. They wish to live __________. ( peace )
5 When did Audrey make her final _____________ in films? ( appear )
Audrey Hepben was one of Hollywood’s ________ actresses. She had been a ______before she became an _______. Her successful career ______for about forty years. In 1951, while _______Monte Carlo Baby, she met Colette. The writer was ________ by Audrey’s beauty and charm and insisted that she was the right person to play the _____role in Gigi. ________after, Audrey was ________ to play the lead role in Roman Holiday and it ________her as Oscar for Best Actress. She also won the Tony Awards for the play Ondine. During her ________, Audrey earned four more Oscar nominations. She made her _____appearance in films in 1989. She played the role _____an angel in the film Always.
Translate the sentences into English.