Module #11 – Emergency Preparedness. Overview. Community and economic development are closely linked with Emergency Management (EM). Once a community is developed, it needs to be maintained. EM is one of the means to that end and is the focus of this presentation.
Module #11 – Emergency Preparedness
1. Mitigation: Actions taken that prevent an emergency or lessen its effect.
2. Preparedness: Plans/preparation designed to save lives in an emergency.
3. Response: Any actions taken that are apt to save life and property.
4. Recovery: Actions taken to bring back a sense of normalcy to citizens’ lives.
In other Words: Involve all the aforementioned as stakeholders (owners) in your community’s EM Preparedness Plans.
Known as: POSDCORB
Note: This process can overlap.
Situation and Assumptions
Concept of Operations
Organization and Assignment of Responsibilities
Administration and Logistics
Maintenance of Operations
Authorities and References
Finance and Budgeting
Documents and Definitions
3.Resource Allocation & Tracking
*Sample EOC Organizational Chart
Public Information Officer
Fire & Rescue
Health & Welfare
* Adapted from <http://www.oes.ca.gov/Operational/OESHome.nsf/PDF/SEMS%20ACI%20-%20EOC%20COURSE%20-%20EOC%20LG%20Handbook%20-%20Finance/$file/EOC%20LG%20Handbook%20-%20Finance.pdf>