Unit 2 Journals. AP Language and Composition. “The Traveling Bra Salesman’s Lesson”.
AP Language and Composition
1. On p. 52, the narrator says that "Jem was a born hero." What is a hero? Are they born or made? How is Jem a hero?
2. In Chapter 5, Miss Maudie is described as "a reasonable creature." What makes her "reasonable"? How would you define a "reasonable creature" in your own life?
3. On p. 69, Jem tells Scout that she is "gettin\' more like a girl everyday.“ What does he mean? What is his definition of "girl"? How has that changed from then to now?
2. What conclusions does Scout come to at the end of the novel?
3. What conclusions do you draw from the novel?