When do Leaders not support Quality?. When they don't see the value.When they don't understand.When they have hear it before but never saw sustained results.When there is no plan just theory.When they hear emotions and not financial impact?. Why does Quality Matter . Create sustainable profitab
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. The Total Cost of Quality Sell Your Leader on Why They must Focus on Quality Rich Kirchhoff – Vice President
Reynolds Specialty Packaging
Six Sigma Black Belt, CQE, CQA, CHA, CBA, CQM/OE, CRE, PE
2. When do Leaders not support Quality? When they don’t see the value.
When they don’t understand.
When they have hear it before but never saw sustained results.
When there is no plan just theory.
When they hear emotions and not financial impact?
3. Why does Quality Matter
Create sustainable profitability for your business through the implementation of continuous improvement systems
Develop and install systems that improve your quality at the lowest cost, safely.
Change the organizations culture by teaching people that problems are really opportunities for continuously improve with real financial gains.
Success in quality will drive the continuous improvement in all areas of business.
4. What tools can you use ? Business analysis to achieve maximum impact
Value stream mapping to identify areas of opportunity
Process capability and optimization
Standardized work to stabilize and improve existing processes
Problem solving in-the-moment at all levels to drive daily improvement
Daily management to business goals which drives continuous improvement
Kaizen events to achieve dramatic improvements
Tiered auditing to sustain gains and drive future improvement
5. It is about your business and your customer. It is about S double bar! Total cost of quality
How is it determined?
How to use it.
7. This approach works for all industries and over time! Steel
Printing and Lamination
8. Improvement Customer Satisfaction! Aluminum
9. The problem was solved in-the- moment-to-root by the people closest to it!
10. Results: Lower Scrap and Costs! Over $3.5 Million is Savings Plastics
11. Check to see if we are making our standards for each area and are we in control?
12. Downtime Reduction Thermoforming over $1.5 Million
13. Productivity Improvements in Printing of over $10 Million
14. Increased Profitability! Printing
15. It is about Changing the culture Changing what people do by changing your planned expectations of them.
Changing how they think by changing what you do daily.
Check on the new expectations continuously.
Act how you promised you would when you communicated your expectations.
16. It is about Getting the best out of People Clear direction/Everyone on the same page
Clear expectations with why and measures
Consistence of application….fairness
Follow up and follow through…because it is important
Focus on behavior – Always support the person
Be hard on the problem and soft on the person.
We are not a victim. We are enablers!
17. Thank you and Now Plan, Do, Check, Act! You can contact us at:
Address: 14326 Huntgate Woods Road
Midlothian, VA 23112