Why should Physical Educators develop a Physical Education Program Plan?. Maximizes potential for effective teaching and successful learning.Increases teacher credibilityDeclares a commitment to a plan and increases the chances of success for all participants.Systematic planning ensures that the
1. Developing a Physical Education Year Plan What you should include
2. Why should Physical Educators develop a Physical Education Program Plan? Maximizes potential for effective teaching and successful learning.
Increases teacher credibility
Declares a commitment to a plan and increases the chances of success for all participants.
Systematic planning ensures that the Program is more developmental and sequential from grade to grade.
Planning helps one to be organized.
Planning helps to determine the Safety legalities for all activities.
Long-range planning saves time.
Well developed plans provide a springboard for evaluation and program upgrading
3. Planning Steps
Aims, goals, objectives,
Curricular Outcomes: -Outcome-based rather than Sport-specific based
Lesson Design and Student Ownership for Learning Model
4. Considerations Equipment
Time for set-up, take-down
Student Growth and Development
Student Interest and Motivation
Student to teacher ratio
5. Balancing PA Categories Check for balance of Activities by completing the activity analysis tools for Physical Education and Health
Organize your Year by Activity Category
Appendix A: Physical Activity Categories
6. Preparing a PROGRAM Determine WHEN each unit will be taught.
Decide on WHICH activities can be taught indoors and especially outdoors.
Determine the LENGTH of time for each Activity Unit.
Decide on the GLO focus
Connect with the Student Learning Outcome and IDENTIFY the Essential Questions for each Unit: Movement, Fitness, Safety, Personal/Social, Healthy Lifestyles
7. Evaluation and Assessment Formative: Assessment For Learning
Summative: Assessment of Learning
8. Assessment and Evaluation Strategies Observation
Tests/Quizzes- Pen and Paper
9. Assessment and Evaluation Tools Check PE Curriculum
Teacher checklists and Rubrics from SJA Phys. Ed. Assessment Package
10. Program Review CAHPERD Tool (Modified)
Class Observations on Program Components
Program Review Action Planning
11. Examples of Program Outlines Program 1 (Elementary)
Program 2 (Middle Years)
Physical Education Program Planning Checklist