Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Megan Hughes, Roger Williams University, Science-Audet, [email protected] Giant Pandas: The world’s friendliest Bear!
2. Introduction Giant Pandas are loved by people everywhere. They are one of the most rarest members of the bear family. If you visit the mountains of China you will probably run into a Giant Panda, but if that’s too far of a trip try your local Zoo!
3. Internet Activities DIET
What do Giant Panda’s Eat?
What tree is most common in their diet?
Where do Giant Panda’s come from?
Where can you go to see a Panda for yourself?
What are the Giant Panda’s Physical (body) Characteristics?
What color is their fur?
How much does the average Giant Panda weigh?
4. Conclusion/Extensions Now that you know a little information about our Panda friends, read the story Giant Panda’s By Gail Gibbons.
Make sure to connect the information you just learned to the book.
Answer the questions on the next slide.
5. What does extinction mean?
Who was the first Giant Panda to be brought to the United states? What year was he brought here?
Where do Giant Panda’s Live?
What do they make their homes out of?
What tree do Pandas eat?
6. My Giant Panda’s Name is: ______
7. For more information visit… The Wild Ones
Wild Zoo Photo Album
History of the Giant Panda Bear
All about Pandas!
8. Label the body parts of your Giant Panda Bear!
9. Teacher Page
11. Next Generation Toolkit Click on any of the tools listed below to enhance the value of this Topic Splash for students:
Performance Assessment Builder
Standardized Test Item Generator
Topic Splash Self-Assessment