AntConc : Freeware corpus analysis toolkit for the technical writing classroom. AntConc is a freeware, multiplatform of application suitable for all types of users. Features: 1.powerful concordancer 2.word and keywords frequency generators 3.tool for cluster and lexical bundle analysis
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Was first released on 2002 for 700 students taking course of scientific and technical writing in Osaka University Graduate School Of Engineering.
2. Function as simple KWIC (Key Word In Context)- concordancer program
3. developed in Windows environment-PERL 5.8 (programming language) ang GUI was developed in PERL/TK 8.0 toolkit.
1. Concordancer Tool
-the central tool in AntConc
1.acquisition of second language
2.learning new vocabulary
6.wide range and huge results in context and situation quickly.
1. Freeware license
2. Small memory (2MB of disk space)
3.Runs on Windows95 or later/Linux/Unix
4. analysis tools( KWIC concordancer,search term distribution plot, original file view...)
5. search features(REGEX,extensive wildcard)
1. search terms: substrings, words, phrases, uppercase/lowercase
2. search terms: REGEX
3. three levels of KWIC: highlight colors each
4. search terms in results will direct to View Files Tool(results: search items that embedded in original file)
5. KWIC results are displayed in columns separately-data can be save into clipboard/text files
It functions similarly with Concordancer Tool in searching the terms but the results are display differently.
-the results are display in relative position.
-the users can spot what and where the results are found in the text
-generate a wordlist for the whole text
-suggesting the area to investigate
-mentioning the highlight area in corpus
-Hockey: the ideal wordlist programme should be able to sort words alphabetically
-reverse ordering listing
-able to count words based on their 'stem' form
-stop list: to limit the frequency of function words during thre making of word list
powerful text search engine (fast and reliable)
-display the search term in Concordancer Tool in the original file
-also can be used independently to search terms in a target file
-result hits are displayed in highlight colour
-button and keyboard shortcuts:leads to specified hit anywhere in the file
-idioms, collocation,phrasalverb or any highly technical lexical unit can be investigated using word cluster tool
-centered them in search term and order them alphabetically/frequency
-method to find words: lexical bundle analysis(n-grams)
-halted the process by 'Stop' button
AntConcis the second type of concordancer; operating the raw text
-there is no table to class the collocation words of search terms
-failed in detailing the statistics related to the corpus analysis
-problem in handling the annotated data (data in HTML/XML format)