1. The Great Depression By: Tom De Alva, Catrina Estrabo, John Laurente, Juanmiguel Perez
2. What was the great depression? Stock market crash
People lost homes
Lasted for 10 years
Started on October 1929.
3. What caused the Great Depression? Production of new many goods.
Imbalanced between rich and poor
4. What happened to many businesses during the great depression? Businesses had no money
Businesses had shut down
Businesses couldn’t afford to buy food to sell.
5. How were people affected during the great depression People were affected by not having no roofs to cover there head
Many banks were failing
6. What are the hoovervilles? Cruelly built camp
Made at 1929
Built for homeless people
7. Why did many people have to live in Hoovervilles during the great depression They lost there homes
They became poor
8. TIMELINE OF THE GREAT DEDPRESSION
Franklin D. roosevelt got elected to be the president.
Herbert hoover left his office
10. Key Points It started the year of 1929 stockmarket crashed. and everyone lost ther jobs,money. It lasted for 10 years. One out 4 people looking for work. It ended around the 1940s , elected Franklin D Rossovelt Hooverville is a place where homeless people stayed for shelter