Developing A Step 1 Brain/ Learning As A Clinical Skill. John W. Pelley, PhD Texas Tech University School Of Medicine Lubbock, TX www.ttuhsc.edu/SOM/success [email protected] Achieving Program Goals. Higher Course Grades Carry-over of team study thinking to course study
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Developing A Step 1 Brain/Learning As A Clinical Skill
John W. Pelley, PhDTexas Tech University School Of MedicineLubbock, TX
Higher Course Grades
Strengthen Analytic Thinking
(illustrated on separate slides)
1. Session leader calls on first student:
2. Session leader adds data to concept map by calling on additional students; other significant information is added to patient data
3. Session leader fills answer choice information in concept map template
A.high dose dopamine
C.ephedrine plus propranolol
D.norepinephrine plus phentolamine
E.phenylephrine plus atropine
4. Session leader calls on group members to identify relevant information for each answer that contributes to ruling it out.
5. Group proposes correlation (pathophysiology) crosslinks between answer choices and patient data in question.
1. Complete learning cycle 2. Sleep (5 REM cycles)
Sittin’ and readin’
The brain is designed to transform information into action.
Some Motor Skills
Adapted from Zull, 2002, The Art of Changing the Brain
Basic science bkgd
Establish Diagnosis and Treat