GRAPES REACTION PAPER. 20 Points Due Every Three Weeks on Thursday. GRAPES. Geography Religion Achievements Politics Economics Social Structure. Geography. How climate and landscape affect lifestyle. Is a civilization isolated or is it open to cultural exchange and invasion?
GRAPES REACTION PAPER
Due Every Three Weeks on Thursday
Part 1: Geography (Sample Answer)
3. Three direct assertion from the article.
“Egypt and Israel, united on this point, say Hamas uses the tunnels to transfer weapons and fighters to launch attacks in cooperation with Islamic extremists.”
“Thousands of Palestinian students and medical patients hoping to leave Gaza have been stranded by temporary closings of the border crossing during the fighting…”
“ ‘We call upon brothers in Egypt to open the Rafah crossing’ for commerce, he said.”
4. Explain why these citations are importing to supporting the assertion.
These citations are important because it shows how Gaza and Egypt want the borders open for the people and economic prosperity. These citations also show how Hamas is transferring both weapons and fighters inside Egypt. The Gaza border is a safety concern because it is an easy target for terrorists.
1.If you were called upon to discuss this article, what would you say? The first THREE TO FIVE SENTENCES should summarize the article answering the Who, What, and Where questions. WHO is involved, WHAT took place, and WHERE. (Please respond with a minimum of 3sentences.)
2. Why is this article newsworthy? (minimum of 2 sentences)
3. What is happening or has happened in the United States or another location in the world that is similar or different to what is going on in the article? (minimum of 1 sentence)
4. How does this compare to an Ancient Civilization that we have studied? Are there similarities, differences, or other types of commonalities between the article and the Ancient Civilizations studied?
1. “Egyptian military targets attacked at Gaza border,” is about Egyptian targets being attached by Hamas and/or other rebel groups and how it affects the people when the border is closed. Because of two car bombings, Egypt has closed the border to the people of Gaza cannot get in. This affects the economy and also travel negatively for many people.
2. The article is newsworthy because it explains the acts of terrorism that is occurring between the Egypt and Gaza border. It also makes us aware of how citizens are being affected by these car bombings.
3. On September 11, 2001, the Twin Towers were destroyed and over 3,000 people lost their lives in New York City. This act of terrorism also caused destruction and effected the lives of many people.
4. In Ancient Mesopotamia city-states were walled cities with moats built around for protection. Babylonia had both an inner and outer walls in the city to protect people from other groups that were attacking them. This shows that ancient city-states were attacked and took precautions, so that they would not be an easy target.
1. Write a paragraph using your assertion in Part II as a topic sentence for the paragraph. Remember to also include information from Part III, Reaction to Article. (7-12 sentences)
“Egyptian military targets attacked at Gaza border” focuses on the geography of a society because it discusses the economic loss when the border in Sinai between Gaza and Egypt is shut down. This article is about Egyptian military targets being attached by Hamas and other rebel groups and how it affects the people when the border is closed. Because of two car bombings, Egypt has closed the border so the people of Gaza cannot get in or out of the country. “Thousands of Palestinian students and medical patients hoping to leave Gaza have been stranded by temporary closings of the border crossing during the fighting…” This affects the economy and also travel negatively for many people. The articles shows how the border crossing is affecting people.