By gonzalo caravedo nadia fatule romina pinto
This presentation is the property of its rightful owner.
Sponsored Links
1 / 8

By : Gonzalo Caravedo, Nadia Fatule & Romina Pinto PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 82 Views
  • Uploaded on
  • Presentation posted in: General

Skin Cell. By : Gonzalo Caravedo, Nadia Fatule & Romina Pinto. WHAT IS AN SKIN CELL?. Skin cells are the outer cover of the body that constitutes the outer layer of the body. Skin cells are an organ.

Download Presentation

By : Gonzalo Caravedo, Nadia Fatule & Romina Pinto

An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Presentation Transcript


By gonzalo caravedo nadia fatule romina pinto

SkinCell

By: Gonzalo Caravedo,

Nadia Fatule & Romina Pinto


What is an skin cell

WHAT IS AN SKIN CELL?

Skin cellsare the outer cover of the body that constitutes the outer layer of the body.

Skin cells are an organ.

Any disorder in the skin cells may result in abnormalities of the skin like Skin cancer that is exposure to direct sunlight rays, called ULTRAVIOLET.


Physical characteristics of your skin

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF YOUR SKIN:

  • The 95% of you cells in your body work to make new skin cellsand the other 5 % make a substance called melanin.

  • The Melanin gives the skin its color. The darker your skin is, the more melanin you have, and is produced  in special cells, called melanocytes, located in the lower layer of our epidermis (the surface layer of our skin).

  • When you go out into the sun, these cells make extra melanin to protect you from getting burned by the sun's ultraviolet rays.


Parts and proces of the skin cell cycle

PARTS AND PROCES OF THE SKIN CELL CYCLE:

The skin is made up of three layers:

  • The epidermis is the part of your skin you can see.

  • The dermis that is the second layer

  • Subcutaneous Fat

    At the bottom of the epidermis, new skin cells are forming andwhen they are ready they start to move to the top of your epidermis, this trip that the skin cells realize take like two weeks and finally the dead cells rise to the surface of your skin.

    What you see on your hands (and everywhere else on your body) are really dead skin cells, and should be removed for healthy reasons.


Importance and functions of the skin

IMPORTANCE AND FUNCTIONS OF THE SKIN:

  • The skin covers and protects everything inside your body.

  • Without skin, people's muscles, bones, and organs would be hanging out all over the place.

  • Skin holds everything together.


Also it is important to

Also, it is important to :

..protects our bodies.

..helps keep our bodies at just the right temperature.

..allows us to have the sense of touch and to feel emotions.


Skin care

Skin care:

  • Should be kept clean, and remove all dead skin cells, called dander.

  • Dust mites live on dead skin cells, and we share our lives with millions of them.

  • They are the main source of allergies.


Bibliography

Bibliography

  • http://www.google.com.pe/search?tbm=isch&hl=es&source=hp&biw=1138&bih=564&q=skin+cell&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

  • http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Skin_Cells#ixzz1O4BMgDJx

  • http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/skin.html


  • Login