M2UA AND M2PA. Submitted by, Srinivas Kommineni, Gayathri Sarivisetti, Vivek Nemarugommula. Agenda. Introduction of SS7 M2UA M2PA Differences between M2UA and M2PA Conclusion References. SS7 Protocols.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The SS7 network and protocol are used for:
M2UA deployments consist of 2 entities, the client and the server.
* Availability of reliable and timely user data transport.
* Integrity of user data transport.
* Confidentiality of user data.
* Blind Denial of Service Attacks
* Improper Monopolization of Services
- Stream 0 is designated for Link Status messages.
- Stream 1 is designated for User Data messages, as well as Link Status messages that must remain in sequence with the User Data messages.
- MTP3 primitive requests
LINK Initialization – Alignment
The purposes of the alignment procedure are:
Link Initialization – In Service
- the end users of the services
- the network providers
- the applications involved
- through definition of additional message classes,
- through definition of additional message types, and
- through definition of additional message parameters.
M2UA: MGC transports MTP3/MTP2 primitives between the SG's MTP2 and the MGC's MTP3 (via the NIF) for processing.
M2UA: SG-MGC connection is not an SS7 link. It is an extension of MTP to a remote entity.
M2UA: SG is not an SS7 node and has no point code.
M2UA: SG does not have upper SS7 layers since it has no MTP3.
M2UA: uses M2UA management procedures.
- If M2PA keeps an association up when the link is out of service, there should be a Link Status Out of Service message. M2PA could then inform its peer that it is in the Out of Service state.
1. Differences between M2UA and M2PA?
- Refer slide # 57.
2. What functions does M2PA support?
a.) seamless operation of MTP3 protocol peers over an IP network connection.
b.) The MTP2/MTP3 interface boundary, management of SCTP transport associations, and traffic instead of MTP2 Links.
c.) Asynchronous reporting of status changes to management.
3. Services Provided by the M2UA Adaptation Layer ?
- Refer slide # 17.