- Oct 1994 Matt Gallo, Tabby Dodson. Yasser Arafat. Oct 1994. Yasser Arafat Ultimate Peace Prize?. TIME. “For efforts to make peace in the middle east”. Home land. Israel. Yasser Arafat at Ceremony for Nobel Peace Prize http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1994/arafat.jpg.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Oct 1994
Matt Gallo, Tabby Dodson.
Ultimate Peace Prize?
“For efforts to make peace in the middle east”
Yasser Arafat at Ceremony for Nobel Peace Prize
- Renounced acts of terror.
- Sincere participant in a true peace process.
- worked on peaceful ways to resolve issues
Yasser Arafat, Yitzhak Rabin, and Shimon Peres receiving nobel peace prize
- Yasser Arafat
- Yitzhak Rabin
- Shimon Peres
All three won nobel Peace prize for their outstanding efforts.
Yasser Arafat as a young boy in the 1940s.
-Born August 24th, 1929
- mother died when he was 5
- father was not involved.
- shifted homes
- no discussion of childhood
Tombstone represting the death of Yasser Arafat's mother.
Mother: Zahwa Abul Saud
- Yasser's mother died when he was only five
- Yasser was moved to live with his uncle
- later on moved with sister
The Father of Yasser Arafat
Father: Abel Raouf al-Qudwa
- Father was a merchant.
- seven children
- father was not involved in the childrens life.
The different stages of growth through out Yasser Arafat's life.
- tough childhood:
Cairo University; The first college of which Yasser Arafat attended before leaving.
- Cairo University
- University of King Faud I
- Yasser “Easy Going”
-Judaism and Zionism
Yasser Arafat sitting in a meeting for his organization.
- left school to join Arab forces
-Leader in Palestinian effort
- returned to Cairo in 1949
The Egyptian Army
- Studied engineering / Bachelors degree
-called to duty in 1956
-served as 2nd lieutenant in Egyptian army.
Al- Fatah logo
-1958 founded “Al-Fatah”
- full- time revolutionary
- sought contributions for Fatah
- Fatah: 300 members/ most powerful group
- president of PLO
Yasser Arafat; 1956 graduating with BA in engineering
-War has put Arafat in shape physically & mentally
- Gained Knowledge
Arab- Israeli conflict political cartoon
-Arab- Israeli conflict
- Yitzhak Rabin: Israeli
Map of territories causing arab-israeli conflict
For centuries there was no such conflict. In the 19th century the land of Palestine was taken over.
Sat down with Yasser Arafat and came very close to peace in the middle east.
Palestine liberation Organization (PLO) Logo
- Giving Palestinian people hope
- Create peace in the Middle East
- PLO and other Organizations
-Listen to the US
-Meet at White House
-Agreed to disregard differences
-Heard both sides out.
- Understood each others opinions
Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat shake hands in public for the first time
- British soldiers assaulted family
- growing up without parents
- fighting in war
- Arab- Israeli conflict
- Human Rights
-Invasions of Palestinian
- West Banks
- Gaza strip
International conflicts seminar
- Arab–Israeli conflict the main point of international conflicts.
- The US had to push for the 2 sides to side down
- Hamas and Fatah
Human Rights, time and truth.
Of the middle east.
- planting a seed
Yasser Arafat at nobel prize ceremony
- attempted to fix Arab- Israel conflict (came closest)
- devoted to his people
-risked his life for his beliefs
- over looked his issues to fix a problem