What is an organisation?. An organisation is a group of people who work together towards the same goal.There are three main types of organisations :Commercial organisationsIndustrial organisationsPublic service organisations. Functions within organisations. Are areas or departments within an
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Using ICT in Organisations
2. What is an organisation? An organisation is a group of people who work together towards the same goal.
There are three main types of organisations :
Public service organisations
3. Functions within organisations Are areas or departments within an organisation.
They will vary according to the type of organisation.
Typical departments include:
Human Resources or Personnel
4. Using ICT in organisations ICT has many uses within organisations, specialised use depend on the nature of the organisation. However, common uses can include:
Creating advertisement and promotional materials.
Storing customer, stock, membership, employee details
5. Specialist applications Some organisations can require specialist equipment. For example, a supermarket requires the ability to scan barcodes to allow quick stock checks, receipt creation, etc.
6. What you need to do…. Compare two different organisations and their use of ICT.
Things to think about:
What ICT is used for within the organisation?
What equipment is used?
The advantages and disadvantages of using ICT.
Whether the use of ICT has made the organisation more efficient?