Program Effectiveness Plan . Paul Price ABHES education advisor. The Purpose of the PEP. Why Use the PEP?. How does the PEP assess programs? What purposes should a successful PEP fulfill? How is student achievement measured?. How Does the PEP Assess Programs?.
How does the PEP assess programs?
What purposes should a successful PEP fulfill?
How is student achievement measured?
What kind of data is collected?
What do you do with the data?
When is data collected and who is responsible?
Credentialing Exam (participation)
Credentialing exam (pass rates)
Faculty professional growth and inservices
(EE + G / (BE + NS + RE) = R%
80% 81% 85%
(F + R) / (G-U) = +P%
Examination participation rate = T/G
Other data to demonstrate student-learning outcomes may include entrance assessments, pre- and post-tests, course grades, GPA, standardized tests, and portfolios
F / G= L%
SP / NS = TP
The report table format should look like this:
5 = Strongly Agree 4 = Agree 3 = Acceptable 2 = Disagree 1 = Strongly Disagree
1. I was informed of any credentialing required to work in the field.
2. The classroom/laboratory portions of the program adequately prepared me for my present position.
3. The clinical portion of the program adequately prepared me for my present position.
4. My instructors were knowledgeable in the subject matter and relayed this knowledge to the class clearly.
5. Upon completion of my classroom training, an externship site was available to me, if applicable.
6. I would recommend this program/institution to friends or family members.
1 = Strongly Disagree
1. The employee demonstrates acceptable training in the area for which he/she is employed.
2. The employee has the skill level necessary for the job.
3. I would hire other graduates of this program (Yes / No)
Types and uses of data
Baselines and measurements
Summary and analysis of data
Using data for improvement
Goal Plans for following year