动词 -ing 形式作状语，可以表示时间、原因、方式、伴随、条件、结果等。如： 1. While reading the book, he nodded from time to time. ( 时间 ) 2. Being ill, he didn’t go to school yesterday. ( 原因 ) 3. He came running back to tell us the news. ( 方式 )
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Choose the best answers.
1. ____the house on fire, he dialed 119.A. To see B. Seeing C. Having seen D. Being seen
2. I fell down and broke two of my teeth. I wonder how many times I have to come here and get my false teeth____. A. fix B. fixing C. fixed D. to fix
3. We’re ___ to listen to her ___ voice. It’s ___ to hear her sing. A. pleased; pleasing; pleasure B. pleased; pleasant; a pleasure C. pleasing; pleased; a pleasure D. pleasing; pleasant; pleasure
4. ____a post office, I stopped ___ some stamps. A. Passed, buying B. Passing, to buy C. Having passed, buy D. Pass, to buy
5. ___ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not seem high at all.A. Comparing B. To compare C. ComparedD. Having compared
6.Here are some new computer programs____for home buildings. A.designing B.designC.designed D.to design
7._____a little money, Jimmy was able to buy his mother a lovely new lamp A.To save B.SavingC.Saved D.Having saved
8.The teacher came into the classroom _____by his students. A. following B. to be followingC. followed D. having followed
9.With the money_____, he couldn’t buy any ticket.A. to lose B. losingC. lost D. has lost
10.There was so much noise in the room that the speaker couldn't make himself____. A. being heard B. hearingC. heard D. hear
11.The result of the test was rather___. A. disappointed B. disappointingC. being disappointed D. disappoint