Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Left Ventricular Geometry in Advanced Age. Ruth Teh , Ngaire Kerse , Robert Doughty, Gillian Whalley , Elizabeth Robinson. The 2011 Conference for General Practice 1 Sept 2011, The Langham Hotel, Auckland. Background.
Ruth Teh, NgaireKerse, Robert Doughty, Gillian Whalley, Elizabeth Robinson
The 2011 Conference for General Practice
1 Sept 2011, The Langham Hotel, Auckland
3. Sundström, Lind, Nyström, et al. Circulation. 2000;101(22):2595-600.
4. Bluemke et al. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008;52(25):2148-55
Milani RV, Lavie CJ, Mehra MR, et al. Am J Cardiol. 2006;97(7):959-63.
To explore the relationship between left ventricular (LV) geometry and cardiovascular risk factors in those living to advanced age
Those with a normal LV geometry had a lower BMI (23.8kg/m2) than those with abnormal LV geometry
Those with a normal LV geometry had a lower WC(89.1cm) than those with abnormal LV geometry
Those with a normal LV geometry had a lower BF% than those with LVH
5. Turkbey, McClelland , Kronmal , et al. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging. 2010;3(3):266-74.
6. Chumlea, Schubert, Towne, et al. Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging. 2009;13(9):821-5
7. Payne, Eleftheriou, James, et al. Heart. 2006;92(12):1784-8.
8. Lieb, Xanthakis, Sullivan, et al. Circulation. 2009;119(24):3085-92.
9. Fantuzzi G. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;115:911-9.
10. Kalogeropoulos, Georgiopoulou, Psaty, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;55(19):2129-37.
11. Pilz, Henry, Snijder, et al. J Endocrinol Invest. 2010;33(9):612-7.
CVD is prevalent in advanced age
Half of the sample have a normal LV geometry
Body composition is related to LV geometry
Serum vitamin D differs between LV geometry groups and may be implicated in cardiac remodelling
Blood pressure was not associated with LV geometry