12. Delivery. Nonverbal Communication. Communication based on a person’s use of voice and body, rather than on the use of words. Methods of Speech Delivery. Manuscript Memory Impromptu Extemporaneous. Impromptu Extemporaneous. Little or no immediate preparation.
Communication based on a person’s use of voice and body, rather than on the use of words.
Little or no immediate preparation
Fully prepared, delivered from brief notes
Presenting a speech so it sounds spontaneous no matter how many times it has been rehearsed.
The study of body motions as a systematic mode of communication.
1. Go through your preparation outline aloud to see how it translates into spoken discourse.
2. Prepare your speaking outline.
3. Practice the speech aloud several times.
4. Polish and refine your delivery.
5. Give your speech a dress rehearsal.