Advertising Types and Techniques. What type of advertisements are out there? Where do we see these advertisements?. Social Networking and Advertisement. Social Networking Statistics. http://www.statisticbrain.com/social-networking-statistics/
Advertising Types and Techniques
Kalle Lasn, one of the most outspoken critics of advertising on the international stage, considers advertising “the most prevalent and toxic of the mental pollutants. From the moment your radio alarm sounds in the morning to the wee hours of late-night TV micro jolts of commercial pollution flood into your brain at the rate of around 3,000 marketing messages per day. Every day an estimated twelve billion display ads, 3 million radio commercials and more than 200,000 television commercials are dumped into North America’s collective unconscious”. In the course of his life the average American watches three years of advertising on television.
1. What type of Text is it?
- There are many kinds of media out there (television, radio, online texts, visual). Identify what kind of media it is first
2. Who is communicating and why?
3. How has it been produced?
4. Who is the intended audience?
5. How is the message constructed?
6. Is music of sound involved?
7. How does the content represent the subject?