WHAT IS WORLD VISION’S 30 HOUR FAMINE?. • It’s a worldwide hunger awareness program to help feed the world’s poorest children. • Our youth group goes without food for 30 hours to get a taste of true hunger.
WHAT IS WORLD VISION’S 30 HOUR FAMINE?
• It’s a worldwide hunger awareness program to help feed the world’s poorest children.
• Our youth group goes without food for 30 hours to get a taste of true hunger.
• Through family, friends and group fundraisers we raise money to save kids’ lives. ($30 will feed and care for a child for an entire month!)
• The experience teaches us about Christ’s compassion, and about how we can help change the world.
• Every day 29,000 children die from hunger and hunger-related diseases.
• As many as 1 in 5 children die before reaching their fifth birthday.
• One sixth of the world’s population does not have access to safe drinking water.
• We want to feel the power of Christ’s compassion.
• It brings our youth group closer together, and in a closer relationship with Christ.
• If we don’t step up, who will?
HOW THE 30 HOUR FAMINE MAKES A DIFFERENCE
• Just $1 can feed and care for a child for an entire day.
• The price of a family dinner we eat at a restaurant in the U.S. can provide food and care for several months.
• We’re offering children more than a chance to survive – we’re giving them hope for a better future.
• Pray for our group members as we do the 30 Hour Famine.
• Sponsor a Famine participant (or two or three!) as they do the Famine.
• Support our group fundraisers.
• Volunteer to help at our Famine event.
• You can have a deeper relationship with one child through World Vision’s child sponsorship program.
• Child sponsorship is one of the most effective ways to change a child’s life while helping an entire community become self-sufficient.
• To sponsor a child, check with your church’s youth leader, visit our Famine Sunday table after the service,or call 800-7-FAMINE (800-732-6463).