“THE COMPLEX WORLD OF INSURANCE DIRECT MARKETING COMPLIANCE” The 6 th Annual Insurance Direct Marketing Forum 2008: Tools for Success. Paul C. Latchford, Esquire Vice President: Law & Governmental Affairs AEGON Direct Marketing Services, Inc September 16, 2008.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Paul C. Latchford, Esquire
Vice President: Law & Governmental Affairs
AEGON Direct Marketing Services, Inc
September 16, 2008.
(A) 203– Solid Democratic
15– Likely Democratic
15– Leaning Democratic
(B) 133– Solid Republican
32– Likely Republican
11– Leaning Republican
C) 26– Toss-Ups
- 10– Solid Democrats
- 2– Likely
- 3– Leaning
- 11- Solid Republicans
- 2- Likely
- 2- Leaning
C) - 5– Toss-Ups
Issue John McCain
- Reward Good Health Care Providers for developing real results
- Interstate Competition
Issue Barack Obama
- Portable Insurance
- Allowing the Secretary of HHS to negotiate directly for lower drug prices
- Permitting the importation of medicines from other developed countries
- raising the age to which eligibility for coverage must extend
- requiring continuation of coverage for college students during a medical leave from
- requiring policies to extend coverage for adult children who neither reside with nor
financially depend upon an insured parent
(b) The regulations described in subdivision (a) shall include the following:
(1) A requirement to conduct an assessment of the needs of the insured group, pursuant to this subdivision.
(2) Requirements for surveying the language preferences and assessment of linguistic needs of insureds within one year of the effective date of the regulations that permit health insurers to utilize various survey methods, including, but not limited to, the use of existing enrollment and renewal processes, newsletters, or other mailings. Health insurers shall update the linguistic needs assessment, demographic profile, and language translation requirements every three years. However, the regulations may provide that the surveys and assessments by insurers of supplemental insurance products may be conducted less frequently than three years if the commissioner determines that the results are unlikely to affect the translation requirements.
- United HealthCare
1.The issue that is the subject of the model law necessitates a national standard and requires uniformity among all states; and
2. Where NAIC members are committed to developing significant regulator and association resources to educate, communicate and support a model that has been adopted by the membership
QUESTIONS Materials cont’d---