Workshop on Development of ASEAN Short term Economic Indicator. ADDITIONAL PAPAER OFCAMBODIA ON IMPORT DATA. SOURCES OF DATA
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. CAMBODIA IMPORT STATISTICAL DATA
2. Workshop on Development of ASEAN Short term Economic Indicator ADDITIONAL PAPAER OF
CAMBODIA ON IMPORT DATA
3. SOURCES OF DATA & INTRODUCTION IMP DATA ENTRY INTO COMPUTER SYSTEM at CUSTOMS: SINCE 1994 WITH HS 6 DIGITS USING PARADOX PROGRAM.
SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT (at CUSTOM): 1999 BY USING ACCESS DATA BASE
4. Introduction/collection (cont.) Import data sources
Customs & Excise Department
Ministry of Commerce
National Bank of Cambodia
5. Data collection (cont.) Collected by Customs according to declaration. All items on the declaration have to be entered into the system especially value in RIEL and US$, HS code, country of origin, weight, Q’ty etc..
Collected by Min. Commerce according to licensing & c/o. Same items are entered.
Collected by central bank according to transaction payment made at private banks
Except undeclared transaction along borders which is very small made by individuals.
6. PROCESSING OF DATA By computer system but not EDI,Customs produced some types of data reports.
Types of data reports:
IMP VALUES BY COMMODITY (HS- 8 DIGITS)
IMP VALUES BY COUNTRY DESTINATION
IMP QUANTITIES AND WEIGHTS
IMP REVENUES IN TERM OF DUTY, EXCISE, VAT ETC..
7. Goods covered Cambodia:rely on imports for local consumption and export oriented production. So all goods declared at point of entry have to be covered in the system
Re-export, temporary import, transits are covered
Currenry, bank notes are covered
8. Goods not covered Non commercial transaction of small transaction carried along borders made by small individual
Drugs, military goods, firecrackers
9. COMPILATION -COMPILE FROM ALL CUSTOMS CHECKPOINTS
-COMPILE FROM OTHER SOURCES SUCH AS MIN. OF COMMERCE, NATIONAL BANK, MIN.OF AGRICULTURE AND OTHERS
10. DISSEMINATION SINCE 1995,THE ANNUAL REPORT HAS BEEN PUBLISHED
MID 2001: QUARTERLY AND SEMESTER REPORTS ARE PREPARED TO PUBLISHED
FOR PUBLIC: ONLY ANNUAL REPORT
THOSE REPORTS DO NOT CONTAIN DUTY
11. PROBLEMS BUDGET FOR EDI PILOT PROJECT
HUMAN CAPACITY BUILDING
VALUATION OF IMPORTS
CONNECTION SYSTEM BETWEEN CONCERNED INSTITUTIONS AND MINISTRIES NEED SOME MONEY FOR DEVELOPMENT
12. Problem of using customs import data -As GATTVA does not in place, valuation is made by using PSI service,or min price, or adjusted market price. NIS should coordinate and consult when using customs imp data.
-NIS should coordinate, consult, and reconcile the data with customs, commerce, central bank, others
13. GENERAL INFORMATION
14. NEED IMPORT & EXPORT MEET THE INVESTMENT DEMAND
INCREASE LOCAL CONSUMPTION EXPORT AS GRANTING MFN & GSP FROM US & EU
US & EU : MAIN MARKETS
ASEAN: FUTURE PARTNER FOR EXPORT
15. IMPORT 1997-2000 Unit : billion RIEL
INCREASE CONSIDERABLY IN “RIEL “TERM
INCREASE SLIGHTLY IN DOLLAR TERM
16. TRADE BALANCE DEFICIT: BETTER
17. IMPORT PARTNER ASEAN: APPROXIMATE 40%
OUTSIDE: APPROXIMATE 60%
18. EXPORT PARTNER/MARKET USA AND EU: LARGE AS MFN AND GSP GRANT
ASEAN: FULL AFTA IMPLEMENTATION
19. MAJOR PRODUCTS IMPORTED & EXPORTED IMPORT:PETROLEUM GOODS,KNITTED FABRIC,MACHINE NOT ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE, VEHICLE
EXPORT: FISH, CEREALS,SEEDS,WOOD, APPARELS KNITTED AND NOT KNITTED
20. REMARKS -NEED SUPPORT FROM OUTSIDE ( ASEAN & OTHERS
-NEED EDI SYSTEM & CONNECTION
21. THANK YOU FOR ATTENTION