By Rachel and Brian, core 6
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Acid Attack:A Chemistry Bill Nye Home Demo
by Rachel Murphy and Brian Greco, core 6
To examine the effects of acidic substances’ reaction with non-acidic limestone chalk, modeling the effects of acid rain.
When submerged in the acidic liquids, the chalk will begin to disintegrate or completely dissolve.
4. Experiment Variation
•Chalk is calcium carbonate (CaC03)
• Vinegar/LJ react with chalk
• Erode to form calcium (Ca) and C02
•When in the acidic liquids, the chalk began to disintegrate
• Even in water, some wearing away could be seen
• Vinegar and lemon juice are acids: 1 and 2 on the PH scale
• The process displayed in this experiment models acid rain
The EndThank you for watching!
by Rachel Murphy and Brian Greco