PRESENTATION ON KHARIF PROSPECTS, RABI PREPARATIONS, ISSUES, ETC . By Agriculture Commissioner GROUP III Tamil Nadu, Kerala, A.P., Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa. KHARIF PROSPECTS 2011: Tamil Nadu ( Area in lakh ha/ Production in lakh MT).
PRESENTATION ON KHARIF PROSPECTS, RABI PREPARATIONS, ISSUES, ETC.
Tamil Nadu, Kerala, A.P., Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa
RABI 2011: Kerala (Area in lakh ha/Production in lakh MT)
T.N.: 1. Pending release of Rs.32.42 crore under RKVY for 2007-08
2. Under ISOPOM during 2007-08, excess expenditure of Rs.3.55 crores release awaited from GOI
3. International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) sunflower seed sample received from France & Germany kept freezed by Regional Plant Quarantine, Chennai. Intervention of GOI requested.
4. More funds under National Mission on Medicinal Plants
Kerala: 1 .pending release of 1.65 crores under NFSM due to committed
claims for 2009-2010 and 2010-2011.
2 .More funds required under MMA for 2011-2012
A.P.: Better logistic support from Railways by allocating rake.
Maharashtra:1.The varities released or notified before 10 years should be
considered for the subsidy, to meet out the shortage.
2. Fertiliser allocation for Kharif 2011 should be given as per the monthly plan.
3. Fertiliser Companies are linking other products with fertiliser which are not asked for by the farmer at the time of sale of fertiliser
4. seven operational rake points shoulsd be started