Registered Nurse Education Programs Capitation & Special Programs Funding Webinar Presented by: Barbara Zendejas, Melissa Omand and Manuela Lachica, www.calreach.oshpd.ca.gov to apply. WELCOME EVERYONE! Thank you for joining us today. Raising your hand to ask a question.
Registered Nurse Education Programs
Capitation & Special Programs Funding Webinar
Presented by: Barbara Zendejas, Melissa Omand and
www.calreach.oshpd.ca.gov to apply
Thank you for joining us today
Raising your hand
to ask a question
Muting your phone
$1.75 million is available to Registered Nurse Education Programs
for capitation. All accredited California schools or programs of
Nursing located within California are eligible to apply for
Registration: Opens October 23, 2013 & closes October 31, 2013
RFA release: November 1, 2013
RFA deadline: January 13, 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE DATES HAVE CHANGED:
Registration: Opens November 18, 2013 & closes November 25, 2013
RFA release: December 4, 2013
RFA deadline: March 5, 2014
Grant agreement start date will be September 1, 2014.
Programs meeting the eligibility requirements are permitted to
apply for funds based on the type of program as follows:
ADN Programs - $200,000 maximum ($10,000 per student
per year, up to ten students, for a maximum of two years.)
BSN Programs - $240,000 maximum ($12,000 per student per
year, up to ten students, for a maximum of two years.)
MSN Programs - $240,000 maximum ($12,000 per student per
year, up to ten students, for a maximum of two years.)
Applicant user types
There are two security roles defined for CALREACH – Song Brown users:
• External Program Director (SB) – SB Program Directors
• Grant Preparer – Everyone else
Training materials and information regarding registration instructions for additional users can be found on pages 6 – 9 of the Song-Brown Applicant Manual. You will also find RN Capitation & Special Programs Information and Guidance here when the RFAs are released.
For INFORMATION ONLY! You will not be able to register until October 23, 2013!!!
Enter in all required fields. Click SAVE, if there are no errors on the page you will receive a “Registration complete” message, SB staff must approve all users prior to moving forward. You may expect a maximum 24 hr turnaround time for approval
Clearly identify yourself as a Program Director in the “Title” field.
Choose SongBrown only
Enter username and password to begin
Click to begin RFA
Click Apply Now
This is your application number,
please take note.
A complete capitation application will contain all of these forms
Pay attention to icons – they will let
You know what pages have been completedand what pages have errors
Tips and Tricks
Learn to love it!
Must complete all boxes with an *
Maximum allotted characters
Hover text, provides clarifying information
To add additional pages
Will show all errors found on app
More Tips and Tricks
When the information has been saved successfully
Error message will display exactly what is wrong with the page
You will receive this message if
you try and navigate away from the
page you are on without hitting SAVE
first. You must click CANCEL to clear the warning and then SAVE. If you click OKfirst you will lose whatever informationyou’ve already input.
You must fill out a separate page for each graduate you input. On this page you have the following five choices:
1) If you are a new program and have no graduates to report for the period requested you click this check box and hit SAVE;
2) If you have graduates to report you will start with this dropdown list, click the appropriate practice site name, hit SAVE and the address will populate for you
3) If you have a graduate but don’t know where they are practicing you would click unknown and provide the reason using the dropdown; Out of state graduates, even if you know where they work, click unknown and in the dropdown list click “out of state”
4) If the practice site your looking for isn’t in the first dropdown, type in the name and address here;
5) If the practice site is a private medical office and isn’t in the first dropdown list, type in the information and address here
You must fill out a separate page for each training site you input. On this page you have the following three choices:
1) If you have training sites to report you will start with this dropdown list, click the appropriate training site name, SAVE and the address will populate for you, ;
2) If the training site your looking for isn’t in the first dropdown, type in the name and address here;
3) If the training site is a private medical office and isn’t in the first dropdown list, type in the information and address here.
Attachments Required to go with your RFA
All attachments must be submitted thru CalREACH unless otherwise noted.
Click the back button to return to the Application Menu
After completing #1, click #2
at the top of the page. Proceed to #3 Change the Status of the application
To submit the RFA click here
An application is not considered
submitted until the application
status shows “submitted”
Enter the last 3 digits of your application number here
Click here to view, edit application
-Next Presentation-Registered Nurse Education Programs
Special Programs Funding Webinar
Registered Nurse Education Special Programs Applications
Applicants may apply for a maximum single award of $125,000 for a
project no longer than 2 years in length.
A complete special programs application will contain all of these forms
Dollar amounts entered throughout the budget sections will auto-fill on the Budget Summary page and total.
The total Song-Brown funding needs to match the program information page
Are there any Questions? Comments? Concerns?