Chapter 6 Poverty, Malnutrition and Income Inequality. Poverty, Malnutrition & Income Inequality. How can we provide a good quality of life & productive work for the 700-1000 million (10-15%) of world’s 6.5 billion people who are poor or living on no more than $1 a day?
Poverty, Malnutrition and Income Inequality
(1) the database actual household survey or census;
(2) encompass all income, including nonwage income;
(3) include local price information, including rural-urban cost-of-living differences;
(4) national in coverage;
(5) disaggregated at the canton, district, or county level;
(6) avoid lags between collection and publication, and
long gaps between survey rounds; and
(7) to compare across time, surveys, measures, and the
income concept and recipient unit must be constant.
show poverty rates
over time and
Controversy (pp. 210-212)