Gr. 8. Ch. 7-1. *Main Ideas 7-1. In early 1800s, war between France and Great Britain, threatened foreign expansion of U.S. shipping/trade. Faced multitude of foreign challenges President James Madison faced two dilemmas: Struggled with trade issues with France/Britain
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
• War of 1812
-U.S. at war w/Britain—unprepared for onset
• Though U.S. didn’t acquire new territory from win in “war,” Americans did acquire a strong sense of national pride due to Battle of New Orleans even though the “war” technically ended two weeks beforehand!
1. You need to use ONE of these methods of “teaching” information to rest of class:
a. Puppet show
b. Skit/Simulation [hold reenactment of actual event]
c. Newscast [interviews]
d. Quilt [presentation of information]
f. Museum exhibit
h. slide show
• By end of class period today, each group will turn in a piece of binder paper covering the following information:
• WHAT project-based activity you will use to “teach” information
• NAMES of people in your group
• PAGES you will be covering