EDUCAUSE 07. From Information Literacy to Scholarly Identity: Effective Pedagogical Strategies for Social Bookmarking.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Deborah Everhart, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Georgetown University, and Principal Architect, Blackboard - Eric Kunnen, Coordinator of Instructional Technologies Learning Academy, Grand Rapids Community College- Kaye Shelton, Dean of Online Education, and Assistant Professor, Adult Education, Dallas Baptist University
The practice of saving bookmarks to a public Web site and “tagging” them with keywords.
---EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative, 2005
Student activities to engage with resources
… I think we are going to need some help marketing the idea of social bookmarking for sure. - Eric Kunnen
Leverage the power of Scholar to:
1) Provide our Librarians with an easy way to bring in some valuable resources directly into courses to share with students and faculty.
2) Encourage students to "add to" the body of knowledge in a course and share with each other.
3) Share resources and content collections with other universities and colleges on Scholar.
4) Provide students, faculty, and staff with the skills of academic social networking, bookmarking, and online tool usage with a key quality of the discernment of online resources.
5) Enhance faculty productivity, disciplinesearching/sharing, and course resource integration.
6) Improve collaboration for groups, teams, research groups, committees to share and categorize resources.
7) Increase awareness for individuals in using Scholar to easily store, access, collect, share, discover, tag, classify, and sort resources…
Deborah Everhart, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Georgetown University, and Principal Architect, Blackboard
Eric Kunnen, Ekunnen@grcc.edu
Coordinator of Instructional Technologies Learning Academy, Grand Rapids Community CollegeKaye Shelton, email@example.com
Dean of Online Education, and Assistant Professor, Adult Education, Dallas Baptist University