The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG Junior Fellow Overview: How ACOG Works For You. Created by the Junior Fellow Congress Advisory Council. ACOG’s History. ACOG is the leading group of physicians in the US providing health care for women
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
ACOG Junior Fellow Overview: How ACOG Works For You
Created by the
Junior Fellow Congress Advisory Council
Junior Fellow membership over 10,000
Junior Fellow Males = 1,996 Junior Fellow Females = 7,643
Approximately 75% of Junior Fellows are female
Total ACOG membership approximately 58,065
Males = 27,896 Females = 30,169
Ob-Gyn residents or fellows in approved programs (US, Canada, Mexico, Central America or West Indies)
Recent graduates of these residency programs
Board certification in Ob/Gyn (by ABOG) is a requirement to become an ACOG Fellow
- Low interest loan up to $10,000
- 3rd & 4th year residents receive $100,000 of
Term Life Insurance at no cost
- First year out of residency, ACOG pays 50% of the cost to
maintain the $100,000 Term Life Insurance
- All members are offered this coverage (except where not
allowed by law in New York)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment - Practice Overhead
- Major Hospital - Excess Major Medical
- Disability Income - Employee
- Catastrophic Medical ExpenseDisability
- Hospital Money
Although Fellows want ACOG to continue with its educational mission,recently Fellows have become more interested in:
The Ob-GynPAC Governing Committee decides the contribution strategy our PAC will employ throughout each election cycle to accomplish ACOG’s federal legislative goals.
25 members, representing every ACOG District
Fundraise for our PAC, bring their knowledge to the Committee’s decisions, and abide by relevant FEC and IRS rules governing PACs.
The Ob-GynPAC Governing Committee determines our giving strategy including:
1) our legislative goals,
2) how funds will be distributed, and
3) what candidates we’ll support, under clear objective guidelines developed and approved by the Ob-GynPAC Governing Committee.
These decisions are based on ACOG’s legislative priorities recommended by ACOG’s Government Affairs Committee and approved by ACOG’s Executive Board.
Get involved … ACOG needs you !