APEC SCOPE FOR ECONOMIC AND TECHNICAL COOPERATION (ECOTECH ) Tran Thi Thu Hang Vietnam Senior Official for APEC Ministry of Trade, Vietnam. APEC FRAMEWORK FOR ECOTECH LONG-TERM AND SHORT-TERM PRIORITIES.
LONG-TERM AND SHORT-TERM PRIORITIES
- Launched in 1995, integral part of Osaka Action Agenda, and subsequently in Manila Action Plan
“Pursuit of APEC's common objectives and goals through comprehensive and effective economic and technical cooperation, aimed at promoting sustainable growth and equitable development, while reducing economic disparities within APEC and advancing trade and investment liberalisation.
- To further enhance economic growth and prosperity for the region and to strengthen the Asia-Pacific community.
ECOTECH priority themes (1996)
APEC-wide ECOTECH priorities (2003)
Priorities are closely linked to the host’s themes:
- 1996: Framework for Strengthening Economic Cooperation and Development to further strengthen economic and technical cooperation (ECOTECH) in APEC.
Implemented by APEC according to the
six ECOTECH themes from 1993–2005
11. Health Task Force (HTF): (ATCWG):
ECOTECH in the dynamism of APEC (ATCWG):
Challenges inside Ecotech spectrum (ATCWG):
better communicate with its constituents
1. Strategic approach to ECOTECH: (ATCWG):
2. Resources for ECOTECH activities: (ATCWG):
Chinese Taipei: ½ million US$ for emergency preparedness and ½ million US$ for human security initiatives
Korea: US$2 million for 2007-2009
3. Private sector development: (ATCWG):
4. Implementation of new tasks: (ATCWG):
Thank you for your attention (ATCWG):