6.10 SHARC Software usage for Spate irrigation . John Paul van der Ham. Content . Irrigation schools Highlights of Spate Irrigation Introduction to SHARC Components of SHARC SHARC and Spate Irrigation DORC – DOSSBAS Workshop Engineering. 1/. Irrigation schools.
John Paul van der Ham
regime theory, refined by Vos and Vlugter who found v times S should be constant or increase in d/s direction
-Problem diagnosis and initial options
-Preliminary Economic Screening
-Design Tools (4 design programs)
- Sediment control structures that are technically feasible can be identified on the basis of the intake type and the possibility of hydraulic sediment flushing.
- The preliminary economic screening module enables preliminary estimates to be made of the allowable costs for sediment control structures, that provide a specified Internal Rate of Return (IRR). > (Savings and or increased irrigated area)
- Hydraulic simulation to investigate the impact of different sediment management scenarios on sedimentation rates and water deliveries through canal networks.
- Enables a cost-benefit analysis to be undertaken on potential solutions identified using the other SHARC modules.
- Gives range of interventions
- Can indicate cost and benefits
-Working Through Tutorial 3 (a) to (d)
-Working Through Tutorial 5 (a) to (d)