Community Processes. Key elements of community processes under NHM. The ASHA and her support network at block, district and state levels. The Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition Committee (VHSNC) and Mahila Arogaya Samiti (MAS). Untied funds to the Sub Centre and the VHSNC
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Important Milestones and Current Figures
2006: ASHAs for 18 high focus states and in tribal districts in others - Target 400,000 ASHAs
2009: Scaled up across the country. Now: 8.57 lakh ASHAs in 31 states / Uts (except in Goa, Puducherry and Chandigarh). Selection of ASHAs is underway in Himachal Pradesh
5. Child care: nutrition counselling, identifying malnutrition, follow up, immunization, community based care for diarrhoea, Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI), and fever, De-worming and treatment of anaemia,
6. Women’s health and gender concerns: social determinants of women’s health – life cycle approach, violence against women.
7. Abortion, FP, STI/RTI: pregnancy test, counselling, identifying newly married and those with one child, distribution of spacing methods, appropriate referral for early abortion, counselling on safe sexual behaviour,
8. Communicable diseases: state specific: knowledge about prevention, early diagnosis, treatment access and follow-up.
9. Village Health Planning: Village planning, interpretation of basic data
2. Module 6 & 7- 20 day training to be completed in four rounds. Consists of key competencies in maternal, new born, children’s health and nutrition
3. Supplementary or refesher Trainings