CS 7850 Fall 2004. Agent Development Project. 6. Knowledge Base Refinement. Gheorghe Tecuci [email protected] http://lac.gmu.edu/. Learning Agents Center and Computer Science Department George Mason University. Schedule for the rest of the course.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
CS 7850 Fall 2004
Agent Development Project
6. Knowledge Base Refinement
Gheorghe Tecuci [email protected]://lac.gmu.edu/
Learning Agents Center and Computer Science Department
George Mason University
Schedule for the rest of the course
Review agent’s reasoning for the other potential advisors
1. Start Disciple
2. Use KB Manager (under the Domain menu) to open PhD-Adv-04 (under PhD-Adv-refine)
3. Select Modules/Teaching
4. Select the top level task and click-on the “Expand All” button from the bottom of the screen.
5. Follow the agents reasoning for the other potential advisors. The agent performed this reasoning by using the rules learned from analyzing John Doe.
Critically examine the reasoning of the agent
1. Many of the task reduction steps of the agent are correct, but some may be incorrect.
2. Use Ontology/Association Browser to review the description of Dan Smith (Use the Find button to find his description)
3. Based on this description the reasoning of the agent is correct.
4. Let us now assume, however, that we learn that Dan Smith is going to retire soon.
5. We would like to teach the agent that this disqualifies Dan Smith.
6. We will switch to the refining mode by clicking the “Refining” button, at the bottom of the screen.
Select the question/answer paper
Click on “Incorrect Example”
Use “Advanced” explanation, specifying a new feature:“is likely to obtain position”
Type “ret”, then press “Ctrl” and keep it pressed and press “.”
Disciple will show you the instances from KB that contain “ret”
Click on this task
You may provide here other values for the feature “is likely to obtain position”
For instance, you may indicate that Jill Knox is likely to get a tenured position.
At the end click “Apply” and then “Close” to close this tool.
Notice the “Except When” explanation added.
Then click on “End Refining” and notice that the tasks corresponding to Dan Smith are no longer reduced.
Use the Association Browser (or the Feature Browser) to view the learned feature:
Select the corresponding step for John Doe.
Click on “View Rule” and notice how the rule was refined by the addition of an Except-When condition.