Global Warming. "The warnings about global warming have been extremely clear for a long time. We are facing a global climate crisis. It is deepening. We are entering a period of consequences." -Al Gore . Team 10. By: Kharthik, Meraz, Parmeet, Teji, Viven and Garav. Introduction.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
"The warnings about global warming have been extremely clear for a long time. We are facing a global climate crisis. It is deepening. We are entering a period of consequences."
By: Kharthik, Meraz, Parmeet, Teji, Viven and Garav
Global warming has been a problem for many years now and it is worsening each and every day. There are many causes to this problem and various solutions have been made; but these solutions mean nothing if they are not implemented by the world society. If we
continue to live on as we
do now, the world soon
may end up looking like
1) Solar radiation from the sun makes it's way down to earth in the form of visible light. 2) The majority of the radiation is absorbed by the Earths surface. 3) However some radiation is reflected by the earth and the atmosphere4) some of the infrared radiation passes through the atmosphere, and some is absorbed and re-emitted in all directions by greenhouse gas molecules. As a result, earth's surface and lower atmosphere warm up significantly (global warming).
Average Carbon Concentration
Average Methane Concentration
P = eδAT4
δ = Stefan-Boltzmann constant and equals
5.67 * 10^-8 Wm^-2K^-4
e is the emissivity of the surface
(varies from 0 – 1)
The Sum maybe considered as a perfect emitter.
Absorbed ir radiation reradiated back to earth
Radiated back into space
Increase in concentration of greenhouse gases leads to global warming.
1) Diseases are spread.
2) Disruption of the ecosystems.
3) Water temperature increases.
4) Increased chances of droughts and heat waves.
5) Economic downturn.
6) The polar ice caps melt.
7) Changes in biodiversity.
Mosquitoes possibly carrying diseases such as the Dengue Fever, Malaria and the West Nile Virus.
Due to the rise in temperatures:
Coral bleaching is one of the effects of global warming on ecosystems.
Destruction by a hurricane. Literally wiping out peoples homes.
Pattern is similar to Carbon pattern
Huge, violent dust cloud in Southern Africa.
Polar Bear stranded on a small piece of a glacier. This shows us as their habitat melts away, slowly ours will too.
Glacier in Patagonia, Argentina 1928 (top). Glacier in Patagonia, Argentina 2004 (bottom). 76 years of climate change.
Biodiversity boosts ecosystem productivity
-all species have an important role
Change in ecosystems results in a major change in the food chain humans depend on.
Changes in biodiversity can also affect other aspects of human well-being
Changes in biodiversity will alter the appearance of coral reefs.
- Consider using your bike, feet, or mass transportation whenever possible
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
-Reduce the need to copy and print. When you need to, copy and print on both sides of the paper
- Turn off appliances and lights when not in use
- Use vegetable-based and biodegradable cleaning products