QR codes. Like, ours :-). 1. Developed in the 90s to track car parts. 2. Mobile smart devices can scan and create these codes. [email protected] October 2011. QR codes. 1. QR codes are Quick Response Codes. (They are barcodes).
1. QR codes are Quick Response Codes. (They are barcodes)
2. Old barcodes - one dimensional - only vertical.
3. The New codes are two dimensional – using both the vertical and the horizontal to encode information (text).
4. They can hold a lot more information.
QR code structure (from wikipedia)
You don’t need to know any of this
Create a QR code using an online generator
6. or right-click on QR code, Save As…, an image file to use later in a document or wiki etc.
2. Choose the type of QR code
3. Type the text
4. And click “Generate!”
5. right-click on QR code, copy. You can then paste QR code into a Word document etc.
1. There are many free QR code reader apps in iTunes.
10. Click to scan another QR code
2. An example is “QR Reader”.
3. (when it has downloaded) tap the app to start
4. Point camera at QR code
5. It will beep when scanned…
6. …and display what it says
9. Create a new QR code
7. Click here to see previously scanned QR codes or to create a new QR code.
8. See previously scanned QR codes
1. Tap app to start
5. Click to see list of scanned QR codes
2. Hold over QR code.
3. If it’s a URL it displays the web page
4. Click here to display in the Safari browser
(for better display)
1. Tap app to start
6. share via email.
5. Click Create
4. Type message
3. Click for text
2. Click to create…
QuickMark for PC
Download QuickMark program for PC from:
Watch video about QuickMark program for PC from:
QuickMark for PC (without a webcam)
1. Drag QuickMark window over QR code and…
2. …then click Decode.
Camera mode is not available if you don’t have a webcam)
QuickMark for PC (with a webcam)
1. Hold QR code in front of webcam
2. Content of code automatically appears here
6. Click here to return to Screen Capture mode
2. Choose type of content
3. Paste text or type the content
4. Choose type of code (there are different ones)
5. Choose image file format
1. Click on Generate
2. There are many kinds of smiles, each having a distinct character. Some announce goodness and sweetness, others betray sarcasm, bitterness and pride; some soften the countenance by their languishing tenderness, others brighten by their spiritual vivac
4. You can even shorten the link using http://bitly.com/
3. If you want the QR code to display a lot of information including pictures, put it on a web page
Video about using QR codes in education
1. QR codes encode text.
2. Enjoy them.
3. Don’t leave upsetting surprises hidden in them.
4. Once they’re scanned your typing is revealed.
41 Interesting Ways to Use QR Codes in the Classroom
This powerpoint http://db.tt/nBIKlW5f
This as PDF http://db.tt/bPtQW3ty