Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Winter Crisis Program and Summer Crisis Program Updates
10. Winter Crisis Program and Summer Crisis Program Updates
15. July 11th, 2011 – Began outreach. Elderly and disabled were sent applications first. Applications were then sent to all other households previously found eligible for HEAP in 2011.
Completion date—July 29, 2011
Over 450,000 applications were distributed to individuals when mailing was completed.
July 25, 2011—Applications began to be distributed by Community Action Agencies, Second Harvest Foodbanks, and other Agencies.
Total distribution of applications was about 1.5 million.
19. Social Security Number/Citizenship Requirements
Social Security Numbers will be required for all household members, regardless of age.
The Energy Assistance Application will continue to request documentation of citizenship or resident alien status for all household members, but it will only be required for the primary applicant.
20. Winter Crisis Program Maximum Benefit Amounts Regulated Natural Gas and Electric Companies $175
Non-Regulated Gas and Electric Companies $450**
Fuel Oil, Propane and Kerosene $750**
Coal or Wood $350
** An increase from 2010- 2011
21. Program Integrity/Internal Controls Requirement by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that States supplement their plans with a “Program Integrity Assessment “ in order to receive LIHEAP funding
Part of an effort to ensure that internal controls are in place to prevent, detect, monitor, and prosecute improper payments due to fraud.
Office of Community Services (OCS) is in the process of establishing a formal program integrity/fraud prevention section to develop and update procedures for reporting, deterring, and detecting fraud, and for taking corrective actions
22. Questions???? energyhelp.ohio.gov