Celestial Bodies. ERAU RET Erica Ajder. Andromeda galaxy. Crab Nebula. Sombrero Galaxy. Horsehead nebula. Ultra Deep Field. Article Feedback. Based on the article write 3 interesting facts or comments that you found from the article Share 1 interesting fact or comment with the group.
What do you notice about the absorption & emission spectrum of hydrogen?
1. A hot solid object produces light with a continuous spectrum
2. A hot gas at low pressure produces an emission spectrum
3. Light passing through a cool gas will produce an absorption spectrum
3. Light passing through a cooler gas
2. Hot gas at low temperature
1. Light passing through Solid Object
Courtesy of Holt Reinhart
Irregular- galaxies that do not fit into any other category
Elliptical- 1/3 of all galaxies are massive blobs of stars & contain mostly older stars
Spiral- galaxies that have a bulge in center & arms that spiral outward
Astronomers estimate that in another 5 billion years, the Sun will burn up all of its hydrogen fuel. At the end of this 5-billion year pd., what kind of star will the Sun change into?
Which of the following colors would indicate to an astronomer that a star has a very high surface temperature?
speed a wave
Place the previously discussed electromagnetic waves on the spectrum chart
Insect use to see flowers