Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. PSD CORPUS CHRISTIS CPC BRIEF THURSDAY
29 SEPTEMBER 2011
1330 - 1430
2. PSD CORPUS CHRISTI, TX CONTACTS For emergencies, please contact the PSD Command Duty Officer at
Contact numbers Monday through Friday (0730 1600), Please dial (361) 961- plus the extension as reflected below. Our DSN Prefix is (861).
IRECTOR MR. HECTOR ESCAJEDA x3558
SENIOR ENLISTED LEADER (SEL) PSC(SW/AW) LOPEZ x2363
PERSONNEL OFFICER PSC(SW/SCW) JUNGMAN x1192
PERS SUPERVISOR MR. ARMANDO JUAREZ x3841
PAY SUPERVISOR ROBERT CONNELLY x3553
DEPUTY DISBURSING OFFICER MS. MARY CALDWELL x1283
RESERVE PAY MR. GARY FILIPP x1290
RECEIPTS/TRANSFERS MR. ARMANDO JUAREZ x3841
SEPARATIONS/REEN/EXTENSIONS PS2 BURNS FORMERLY DUGGER x1419
EDUCATIONAL SERVICES MR. RAY BRADEN x1289
ID CARDS MR. TODD HEAD x3848
TRAVEL/FISCAL MS. MARY CALDWELL x1283
- MS. ELLIS x1280
TRANSIENTS/STUDENTS/LIMDU PS1 SEGOVIA x1276
LEGAL CORDINATOR-PS3 PULIDO X1136
SATO - 877-232-7286
3. TODAYS TOPICS CUSTOMER SERVICE - Awards, BAH page 13s, Service
Records, SGLI, FSGLI, TOPS
REENLISTMENTS/EXTENSIONS - Reenlistments & Extensions processing
SEPARATIONS - Separations processing
TRANSFERS - Transfers processing
RECEIPTS - Receipts processing
4. TODAYS TOPICS ID CARD SECTION - ID cards for Foreign military personnel
Passport & Transportation - Passport and Transportation Info
TRANSIENTS - Gains processing
TRAVEL SECTION - Using SATO/CTO, Travel checklist, TOPS
utilization, Travel Voucher Info in myPay.
ADDITIONAL INFORMAITON - SATO, PPIBS, TIMELINESS
5. Customer Service Awards, BAH Page 13s, Page 2s and SGLIs
Personal Awards such as NAMs, COMs, MSMs cannot be
recorded in NSIPS by PSD personnel, please forward to YOUR
commands NDAWS approval authority . This can be found at
https://awards.navy.mil or use Google to search for NDAWS.
Page 13s for BAH. When a member updates his or her
page 2 due to change of address, a new BAH page 13 is
required with the new address.
PSD no longer maintains paper record or more commonly referred to as
Field Service Records. If a command requires documents maintained in
the service record, the member must print required documents from
his or her ESR. All members should have ESR accounts by now.
6. CUSTOMER SERVICE (cont)
NOTE IMPORTANT CHANGE: OPNAVINST 1000.23C CH-1 (PASS Manual) was published on 17 June 2011. It requires all PSDs to establish internal controls to ensure reports are submitted to the Department of the Navy Central Adjudication Facility (DONCAF) as well at to each Commanding Officer(CO) on individuals who marry non-U.S. citizens to prevent Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) fraud.
7. CUSTOMER SERVICE (cont) This will be a collaborative effort between each customer
command and PSD Corpus Christi. As such, as of 17 June 2011,
each CPC is required to inform PSD Corpus Christi via TOPS when a
spouse is a non-U.S. Citizen whenever requesting update to a
members page two. This is applicable to new marriages.
Additionally, request a separate e-mail be sent to the Director of
PSD Corpus Christi with the following information (when members
spouse is a non-U.S. Citizen): Members Rate/Rank, Complete
Name, Last four Digits of the Members SSN, Complete Name of
Members Spouse, and Spouses Date of Birth. The Directors e-
mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can use
8. CUSTOMER SERVICE (cont) When submitting documents to PSD Corpus Christi, please have your members print legibly on their documents. This helps us tremendously as there is no need to contact the CPCs for clarification.
SGLIs require a witness signature(Do not print) please sign. When a member updates his or her SGLI, the command representative should witness the document before submitting it to us via TOPS.
We have been receiving rejected ESUB transactions due to this error.
9. CUSTOMER SERVICE (cont) The VA has new SGLI and FSGLI forms. You can download the new forms by going to the respective links provided below:
SGLI ADDITIONAL BENEFICIARIES: http://www.insurance.va.gov/sgliSite/forms/8286S.htm
The instructions include specific information about lump sum payments and the issuance of a lump sum check in addition to the Alliance Account and 36 monthly payments.
10. CUSTOMER SERVICE (cont) FSGLI Each command should have an FSGLI coordinator. We are only responsible for scanning the FSGLI form into the members OMPF.
DUE TO MANPOWER
TOPS We will not accept mass transactions submitted in one TOPS transaction (i.e. Unit awards for everyone in a command). The number of transactions that are completed is correlated to the manpower we are allotted. Although this may make things a little bit more difficult for you as a CPC, it will ensure that PSD remains properly staffed (by showing number of TOPS transactions received) so we can continue to provide each customer command with exceptional customer service.
12. SEPARATIONS All separation packages are required to be submitted via
TOPS a MINIMUM of 45 DAYS prior to a members departure on
house/job hunting and/or terminal leave.
Ensure that you are using the updated Separations checklist.
If you do not have the Separations checklist, please contact the
Separations Supervisor (PS2 Burns) here at PSD Corpus Christi.
The checklist and other important Separation information will
be soon included in the new PSD Corpus Christi Website.
The ORIGINAL Survivor Benefit Plan (DD From 2656) must be
submitted to PSD . The SBP is a very important form that must
be submitted to DFAS 45 DAYS prior to a members Fleet Reserve
and/or Retirement date. If not received, DFAS will make
automatic maximum deductions!
13. SEPARATIONS (CONT) Terminal Leave:
Terminal leave expires at 2400 on date of separation.
House/job hunting PTDY must be taken prior to terminal
Terminal leave needs to be submitted via E-Leave NLT 45 days prior to separation to prevent delays in pay. Ensure each member separating chooses Separation/ Retirement. If the member is retiring ensure that the E-Leave runs through the date specified on the FLTRES /RETIREMENT approval message. If members have problems, please have them contact CPCs, and CPCs will contact us via TOPS. If leave is submitted incorrectly they will experience PAY PROBLEMS.
14. SEPARATIONS (CONT) New Accession Training (NATs): Packages must be submitted
via TOPS to the Transients Section to process the gains. After the
gains post, the Transients Section will forward the packages to
The Separations Section for appropriate action.
Please ensure packages are being sent in a TIMELY MANNER!
We only have 10 days to process these personnel for separation.
Do not grant leave until you have verified the leave balance
and EAOS. We will separate members 10 days after report
date or at EAOS, whichever comes first.
15. SEPARATIONS (CONT) If NAT personnel are reporting on board with less than 10 days of
leave, do not allow them to go into excess leave as this will cause the
member financial hardship.
Ensure all documents (i.e. DD Form 4, A school certificate,
etc.) are included in the separation package.
Original Medical and Dental records must be sent to us here at PSD Corpus Christi or we must received a letter/memorandum from the VA or the Reserve component stating that they have the members Medical and Dental records.
In the case of all separations including NATs, if the original DD Form 214 is not returned to us within 6 weeks from the date we send it out, we will send out a Signature Unattainable copy so that we can close out the members records.
16. SEPARATIONS (CONT) On many occasions service members are presented with an
End of Tour Award while the members separation process is in
progress or while the member is on separation leave. On such
occasions, please e-mail or fax a copy of the award to the
Separations Section for inclusion on the members DD Form 214.
Sending the award to PSD Corpus Christi, does not meet the
requirement of sending a copy of the award to update the members
record. You must still forward a copy of the award to NDAWS.
17. SEPARATIONS (CONT) Authority has been granted to provide copies 1 and 4 of the
DD Form 214 to Sailors prior to their departure on separation leave
or permissive TDY for house hunting/job hunting.
The only requirement is that all prerequisites must be met prior
to a member departing on leave and/or TDY. For example, making
sure that the member turns in his or her Medical and Dental records
and/or any other documents that the Separations Clerk or the
Separations Supervisor has requested.
18. SEPARATIONS (CONT) SUBJ/PAY AND PERSONNEL INFORMATION BULLETIN 11-02//
POC/RHONDA HARDERS/CDR/UNIT:BUPERS-26/NAME:MILLINGTON, TN
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. PASS TO ADMINOFF, PERSOFF, CCC/NC AND DISBO. THIS
MESSAGE TARGETS PERSONNEL, ADMINISTRATIVE, DISBURSING, PASS OFFICES,
PSD AFLOAT WEST AND PSD AFLOAT LANT WITH CURRENT PAY/PERSONNEL
A. ISSUE 110201: SEPARATION CODES IN FLEETRIDE/PTS.
B. ISSUE 110202: UPDATE TO EXTENSIONS FOR OVERMANNED ZONES BY RATING.
- A. ISSUE 110201: DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN FLEETRIDE/PTS PROGRAMMING, WHEN A SAILOR IS NOT GRANTED A QUOTA FOR REENLISTMENT A SEPARATION CODE (ASP, RSP, OR XSP) WILL BE RETURNED. THIS CODE DOES NOT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY SEPARATION. HOWEVER, FLEETRIDE DOES GENERATE THE OFFICIAL CNPC NOTIFICATION LETTER DENOTING THE SPECIFIC FINAL STATUS (IN-RATE, CONVERT OR SEPARATION). THIS LETTER DOES IDENTIFY WHETHER OR NOT THE MEMBER ELECTED TO SEPARATE. THE MEMBER/COMMAND MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE LETTER TO THE SERVICING PSD/PERS OFF TO FACILITATE DETERMINATION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR INVOLUNTARY SEPARATION PAY. THE CURRENT AUTHORIZED PTS CODES THAT WILL APPEAR IN NES AND ON NSIPS REPORTS ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES.
19. SEPARATIONS (CONT) APPROVAL CODES
AIR - ACTIVE DUTY INRATE
ACV - ACTIVE DUTY CONVERT
RIR - RESERVE INRATE
RCV - RESERVE CONVERT
ASP - ACTIVE DUTY SEPARATE
RSP - RESERVE SEPARATE
XSP - ACTIVE SEPARATE AND RESERVE SEPARATE
FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE CONTACT THE PTS HELPDESK AT COMM: 901-874-2102 DSN: 882-2102 OR EMAIL: PTS(UNDERSCORE)HELP(UNDERSCORE)DESK(AT)NAVY.MIL
B. ISSUE 110202: STAY VIGILANT WITH REGARD TO OVERMANNED ZONES BY RATING, CURRENT LIST OF OVERMANNED ZONES BY RATING IS POSTED ON THE NPC WEBSITE ENLISTED CAREER PROGRESSION, REENLISTMENTS AND EXTENSIONS PAGE, EFFECTIVE 09 OCTOBER 2010. AN UPDATED LISTING IS FORTHCOMING IN JANUARY, EXACT DATE TO BE DETERMINED. OVERMANNED RATING ZONES REQUIRE NPC WAIVERS TO EXECUTE EXTENSIONS. THE NPC WEBSITE LISTING IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED CHART TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH EXTENSION PROCESSING. EXCEPTIONS TO RATING POLICY ARE CONTAINED IN NAVADMIN 007/09 PARAGRAGH 1.D. POINTS OF CONTACT ARE LISTED AT HTTP://WWW.NPC.NAVY.MIL/CAREERINFO/ENLISTEDCAREERPROGRESSION/
20. TRANSFERS PROCESSING CPCs must submit completed transfer packages to the
Transfers Section via TOPS within 30 days of receipt of PCS
The Transfers Clerk will then start the transfer process for the
member. CPCs will receive updates via the same TOPS
transaction that was initiated.
Please read Orders very carefully. Screenings and BOL
entries must be completed prior to the members transfer.
CPCS Please do not hesitate to contact the Transfers Clerk if you need clarification or have questions during the transfer process.
21. TRANSFER PROCESSREQUIRED DOCUMENTS The following documents must be included in the transfer
- Updated PG2 and SGLI.
- Typed and Completed Passenger Reservation Request (PRR).
- PCS Travel Form (NAVPERS 7041/1 completed by the
member via NSIPS). If you or the member do not know how
to complete the form, please contact the Transfers Supervisor.
- Obligated service must be acquired within 30 days of receipt
of orders. Please contact the Reenlistments and Extensions
Section if you need clarification.
- Completed Screening(s), if applicable, (must be signed by the
- Ending date of transfer evaluation must be the transfer date
(regardless of whether or not the date falls on a weekend).
22. TRANSFER PROCESS REMINDERS ORCOMMON MISTAKES Transfer packages must be submitted within 30 DAYS of
receipt of PCS orders.
Page 2: The transfer clerk will make page 2 changes, if
required, prior to transfer.
Screenings: Screenings must be completed and signed by the
CO prior to submitting them to PSD.
Evaluations: Transfer evaluations must be submitted before
we send transfer documents back to the command.
Please review each document before you submit it via TOPS.
Ensure that the member complies with the Foreign Clearance
Guide if he or she is being stationed overseas. Foreign Clearance
guide can be found at: https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/
23. RECEIPTS PROCESSING - reminders CPCs must submit endorsed orders, DD 1351-2 (Travel Claim),
and Page 2 via TOPS.
PSD Receipts Clerks will process gain. Once the gain is posted
in the MILPERS/MILPAY Systems, the clerk will then return the
new Page 2 to the command CPC via TOPS.
Entitlements will be processed upon return of members Page
Gain is complete upon return of the Page 2.
24. RECEIPTS PROCESSINGREMINDERS (CONT) The receipts package must have Endorsed Orders. This in not
Once the Page 2 is signed by the member, please return to
PSD as soon as possible.
Completed travel claims must be submitted directly to the
travel section via TOPS. There is a misconception out there in
which personnel think that once the travel claim is sent to the
Receipts Section as part of the Receipts Package that
somehow it also goes to the Travel Section. That is not the case at
all. Separate TOPS transactions must be submitted.
Letterhead memorandums are required for Special Duty
Assignment Pay (SDAP) and Clothing Allowance processing.
25. RECEIPTS PROCESSINGREMINDERS (CONT) If a service member is pending Selective Enlistment Bonus
(SEB) payment, please provide copies of bonus Agreement
(obtained via ESR by member).
If the Navy Recruiting Station (NRS) is over 50 miles from the
Navy Recruiting District (NRD), travel ends at the NRS.
26. iD CARDS FOR FOREIGN MILITARY MEMBERS Before a Foreign Military (FM) member can be issued an ID
card, a completed DD Form 577 must be on file. This form is
required only once and will be kept on file at the issuance site.
The FM member must have a completed and signed DD Form
1172-2 (ID card application). The Commands Administrative Officers
signature on the form attests that this member has been fully vetted
and requires a CAC for physical and logical access to the installation
and DOD computer systems, and must match the signature from the DD Form 577. The FM must also bring a copy of their Invitational Travel Orders (ITOs).
27. ID CARDS FOR FOREIGN MILITARY MEMBERS (CONT) If the FM member has family members who require ID cards,
a set of Invitational Travel Orders (ITOs) or a command
memorandum that authorizes benefits and lists each family
member who will receive these benefits and their date(s) of
birth must be presented, as well as all Supporting documentation.
The FM member and family members must present a
Passport/Visa and any other current picture ID card that the Site
Security Manager can use to verify the FM members and his or
her familys identity, as well as all Supporting documentation.
28. PASSPORTS & TRANSPORTATION Passports:
If you are planning on going overseas but do not yet have your orders, you can still apply for No-Fee passport(s).
Please look up country requirements by going to the Foreign Clearance Guide at https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/.
Please submit the first and second page of the orders. Ensure the LOA (Line of Accounting) is on the orders as LOA is required when requesting flights.
Flights can only be made based of what the orders say. Not from leave address to next duty station.
TDY travel: If you have a Government Travel Card, requests should be made via DTS.
29. TRANSIENTS Ensure a gain transaction is processed on all members who check into your command regardless of the time of TDY. This will ensure service members will not be overpaid or underpaid.
30. TRAVEL SECTIONTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Submit all orders, including order modifications.
SATO - Utilizing SATO/CTO is required for making all flight arrangements. Rental cars must be reserved by SATO so accurate reimbursement is made using government rates.
Lodging must be arranged by SATO to ensure Certificate of Non-availability (CNA) is provided and members do not exceed per diem rates. The lodging receipt must be itemized day by day with the amount.
31. TRAVEL SECTIONTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (CONT) Please read the travel checklist in its entirety. When you and
the member initial each box and sign the second page, you are
saying "THE CLAIM IS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE". If the claim
is not complete and accurate, it will not be processed and must
be resubmitted as a new TOPS transaction after correction are
Box 18 of the travel checklist states that the old and new
Page 2s are required for DLA. This means the hard copy Page 2
from the previous duty station and one at the new duty. Pen and
ink changes are not acceptable.
32. TRAVEL SECTIONTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (CONT) Please continue using TOPS for all correspondence.
Reiterate to service members that all inquires are done through
you, the CPC.
If we request a CPC action and we do not receive a
response within five working days, the transaction will
be considered completed and we will close it out. You
will have to resubmit a new and complete TOPS
33. TRAVEL SECTIONTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (CONT) Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) regulations
prohibit the travel section from issuing travel pay information.
Travel pay and breakdowns must come from the member's "my
pay" account. Sample myPay info follows in the next page.
Individual Augmentees or Mobilized Reservists must have
each leg of their orders endorsed by the command they are TDY
In case you are not aware, PSD Corpus Christi is no longer
liquidating claims. What we are doing is checking the claims for
accuracy before we send them via TOPS to the Travel Processing
Center in Jacksonville, FL. You should allow at least 30 days
before you start inquiring about travel claim payments.
Travel section phone numbers are: MS. Ellis 361-961-1280
34. SAMPLE Mypay Travel voucher INFO 17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U42708
- 4270 STANDS FOR MALT MILAGE MBR STANDARD DOCUMENT NUMBER
17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U42718
- 4271 STANDS FOR PER DIEM MBR
17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U42968
- 4296 STANDS FOR PER DIEM IN TRANSIT MBR
17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U43788
- 4378 STANDS FOR DEP DLA
17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U43968
- 4396 STANDS FOR DEP PER DIEM IN TRANSIT
17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U42978
- 4297 STANDS FOR TLE MBR & DEP
17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U42918
- 4291 STANDS FOR TRAVEL ADVANCE MBR
17 1 1453.2253 210 00022 068566 2D SO0G71 000221U43918
4391 STANDS FOR TRAVEL ADVANCE DEP
The amount that a member gets paid will also be shown in myPay.
35. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
36. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
37. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
38. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
39. DO YOU HAVE ANY Questions??