Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Types of Non Listening Pop Diana
Forms of Non Listening:
3. Pseudolistening is pretending to listen. When we pseudolisten, we appear to be attentive, but really our minds are elsewhere.
Monopolizing is continuously focusing communication on ourselves instead of listening to the person who is talking. A well known monopolizing tactic is interrupting to divert attention from the speaker to ourselves.
5. Selective listening is focusing on only particular parts of messages. We listen selectively when we screen out parts of a message that don?t interest us or make us uncomfortable.
6. Defensive listening involves perceiving personal attacks, criticism, or hostile undertones in communication when no offense is intended.
7. Ambushing is listening carefully for the purpose of attacking a speaker. Ambushers listen intently to gather ammunition that they can use to attack a speaker.
8. Literal listening involves listening only for content and ignoring the relationship level of meaning. When we listen only literally, we are insensitive to other?s feelings and we don?t make the effort to understand how others feel about what they say or to endorse them as people.