Health Statistics Population Health Health outcomes of group of individuals Challenging health problems: 1. Immunization to all children 2. Controlling epidemics and infectious disease 3. Addressing the cause and consequences of obesity 4. Dealing with environmental health risks.
Health outcomes of group of individuals
Challenging health problems:
1. Immunization to all children
2. Controlling epidemics and infectious disease
3. Addressing the cause and consequences of obesity
4. Dealing with environmental health risks.
Required: population-base solutions
Ex. Risk assessment and risk communication
Population health prospective
Ancient Egypt , Greek, Roman.
2452 2462 2472 2480 2490
NSO 2503 2513 2523 2533 2543
Organizations: Ministry of Interior
Ministry of Health
Ministry of Education
Ministry of Finnance
Ministry of Labour
References numbers and characteristics
For short term and long term planning:
THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
( in 1948)
Leadership, guidance and standardization in international health work.
Technical cooperation and assistance in health to developing countries.
Country health profile.
Variables: age, gender, race,
education, ocupation, etc.
CENSUS (100% enumeration)
Success depend on:
1. Level of training and education on
2. Level of education of general public.
1. narrow set of information
2. depend on each interviewer
3. slow return
4. incomplete of information, need post-enumeration survey.
- ( .)
- .. 2533
(International Labour Organization)
(International Standard Classification of Occupation)
1. Coverage error
2. Content error
sex ratio ,
- Wipples index
- Myers index