By John October 2009. Planets. Mercury. Mercury is: - the closest to the sun; - the hottest and it is too hot to support life; it is grey in colour; The planet which has the most extreme temperature in the solar system ranging from over 400 degs C during the day to -200 degs C at night.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- the closest to the sun;
- the hottest and it is too hot to support life;
- the second closest to the sun;
- purple in colour;
- 5 and a half times bigger than Pluto;
- one of the planets that does not have any moons.
- the only planet to have life;
- a planet that has one moon;
- made up of 1/3 land and 2/3 water;
- the only planet to have water.
- red in colour ;
- otherwise know as the red planet;
- not as hot as Earth;
- made up of an iron core which is 2,900km in diameter.
- the biggest planet;
- orange in colour;
- surrounded by 17 moons;
- 62 times bigger than Pluto.
- surrounded by rings which are not perfectly circular;
- sixth planet from the sun;
- second largest in the solar system;
- the root of the English word Saturday;
- the least dense of the planets : 75% Hydrogen and 25% Helium.
- blue in colour;
- the seventh planet from the sun;
- the third largest by diameter;
- made up of an atmosphere 83% Hydrogen, 15% Helium and 2% Methane;
- a planet visited by Voyager 2 on 24/01/1986.
- dark blue in colour;
- 22 times bigger than Pluto;
- a planet that has 8 moons.
- There are 62 moons in our solar system.