Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs). Presented by: Cafro Agency, LLC David L. Cafro , CIC (860) 779-DAVE. Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs).
Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs)
Cafro Agency, LLC
David L. Cafro, CIC
1. Internal Revenue Service. Health savings accounts and other tax-favored health plans. For use in preparing 2007 returns. Publication 969 (2007).
Amount of Contribution
Thus the employee can –
- Use the first $500 and pay nothing out of pocket, then
- Spend the next $500 completely out of pocket, then
- Be covered by the traditional insurance plan.
If the first $500 is unused at the end of the year it is then rolled over to next year.
In today’s economy, employers must make the tough decision of increasing the cost of health care to their employees or decrease the amount of health coverage.
An HRA can be a powerful alternative
Purchase of a high deductible health coverage providing –
- Quality coverage
- At an affordable rate; and
- Subsidizing the employee’s out-of-pocket coverage through HRA funding
Employer saves money -- while employees . . .
- Enjoy affordable health care
- At a rate that all can afford
- With added choices and control for the employee