AAUW TEXAS PRESENTS. Texas STAR Program. Every Branch is a STAR!. Texas S tate T erriffic A chievements R ecognition Program. Recognizes Great Ideas and Best Practices Share Your Strengths!. Make a plan! What are your goals?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Great Ideas and
Share Your Strengths!
1 - Submit a copy of your action plan
Choose one,several or all categories.
A. Membership categories:
* Branch membership Feb 1, 2005
* Branch Membership Feb1, 2006
1. Do your branch members use the Give A Grad a Gift program?
2.Does your branch sponsor a Student Affiliate Group?
3.Does your branch use the Shape the Future program?
3. What does your branch do to attract new members?
4.What plan does your branch have to retain members?
B. Visibility categories:
1. Does the branch have a plan to achieve visibility in the community to help meet your goals?
2. Briefly explain how you achieved visibility for AAUW and the branch.
Attach documentation such as news clipping, branch brochure, flyers, posters, media release, media kit, etc.
3. Does your branch have a website or a webpage on the AAUW Texas website that is maintained with current branch contact and program information?
C. Mission Based Programs categories:
1. In 2005-2006 our branch planned programs highlighting:
Women’s Economic Security
2. The branch sponsors study/interest groups that appeal to a wide range of interests? List examples.
D. Community Outreach and Action categories:
What are you doing?
Math Science Conference
Sister to Sister
Judging School Competitions
Women of Distinction Luncheons
What groups do you partner with?
Tell Us About It!!!
E. Public Policy Advocacy categories:
1. Has the branch educated members on AAUW Public Policy issues by sharing AAUW Action Network messages?
2. Have you taken action on an AAUW issue?
3. Has the branch encouraged members to contact legislators asking them to support AAUW Public Policy Issues?
6. The branch has an action project related to AAUW’s Public Policy Priorities (Voter Education, Candidate Forums, Voter Registration, etc). Briefly describe.
F. categories: Financial Support to Help Women Achieve Their Goals
Tell us how you support:
Your branch will be recognized for meeting the AAUW goals OR increasing giving!
Share your fundraising ideas!
F. Leadership Development categories:
1. The branch was represented at
2. The branch conducted or participated in Leadership Training and Development.
3. The branch has job descriptions that are routinely updated and shared with potential leaders.
4. The branch has a plan to develop new leaders. Briefly describe.
G. Is There Something Else? categories:
The Branch is proud of this but it isn’t covered elsewhere in the application.
Tell us about what makes
YOUR branch SPECIAL!
YOUR Branch is a Texas SUPERSTAR! categories: