PROCESS FLOW IN MAIL DEPARTMENT. Presentation 18.104.22.168. Process in Mail Department. Mail Agent or Mail Guard Will Be the In-charge of Mails Branch. Mails Department Consists of the following process Receipts Opening Closing Despatch. Receipts. The MA or the MG will
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The MA or the MG will
1. Receive the bags closed / despatched by P.Os/M.Os from the Mail carrier.
2. Entries in respect of late/ non-arrival of mail carrier, if any be made in the error book and report in the DR
4. Check the details of bags with reference to the mail list and give acquittance in the ML. Receipt of special bags if any be reported in the DR
5. If there is excess/short receipt of bags and one for the other bag , a remark to that effect be obtained from the Mail carrier in the Mail list by the H.S.A. and entries should be made in the Error Book and report in the DR
6. If there is non-receipt of Due bags, due bag not of prescribed description and misuse of bags, entries be made in the error book and report in the DR
7. Check the condition of bags, labels, cord including registered bags, RP and parcel bags
8. If the bag is received in damaged condition/without seal entries may be made in the Error book / and report in the DR
9. Prompt entry of unusual mails in the mail list despatched as soon as mails are received
10. Mail Lists be signed by the H.S.A., stamped and placed on record
11. Make entries in the mail abstract in respect of receipt of bags,(both due and unusual bags including empty canvass bags received
1. Open mail bags, L bags, TBs & Pkt. Bags ( other than Regd., Regd.Pkt. & Parcel bags)
2. Transfer the regd. Bags/Regd. Pkt bags to the Registration department and parcel bags including insured bags to the parcel department under receipt to be taken in the Regd/Parcel abstract/ mail abstract as the case may be
3. Transfer the unregd. Articles to the Sorting Department
4. Keep the account bags if any in safe custody till its dispatch
5. Express bags (containing outward mails) be opened first and deferred bags(containing inward mails) thereafter.
6. The empty bag turned inside out
7. Open TBs and compare with the entries in the mails list inside the TBs. Forward / account bags if any in it be kept in safe custody.
8. If there is excess/short and one for the other bag in the TB, entries should be made in the Error Book and report in the DR by the H.S.A.
9. If the bag received inside the TB is found in damaged condition/without seal entries may be made in the Error book / and report in the DR by the H.S.A.
1. Ensure the bags closed for dispatch are received in time from other department
2. Close bags ( other than Regd/RP/Parcel bags ) made up in the set by the H.S.A.
3. Regd. Bags, parcel bags including insured bags received by the H.S.A. from the departments concerned are placed in proper bags
4. Ensure unregd. Mails are properly packed
5. The bags closed by the set are securely fastened, properly labeled and sealed
6. Ensure torn or unserviceable bags are not used for closing
7. The account bag if any is to be enclosed in proper bag
8. While closing TB, the due and unusual bags to be placed inside the TB, should be checked with the entries in the mail list. The condition of each bag, the cord with which it is tied, the label and the seal must be examined by the H.S.A. before placing inside the TB.
9. When the volume of unregd. mail is heavy extra L bag is to be closed
10. If plural bag is prescribed in the DML ensure the place of Regd. Bag in No.1 bag and also ensure the correct total serial number of plural bag prescribed
11. Whenever the size of the bag is bulky and it is necessary to close one more TB in excess of the number entered in the Due Mail List, the word extra TB should be written on the label of each additional TB.
1. Ensure the bags despatched should be sorted out in group-wise sufficient time before the hours fixed for dispatch.
2. Despatch of bags to the destination as per mail list prepared and according to the time prescribed in the DML. Report dispatch of special bag in the DR
3. If the mail is despatched late, entries be made in the error book and report in the DR
4. Ensure No. of bags for dispatch is correct as per Mail List
5. Despatch of bags to the mail carrier under acquittance
6. Entry in respect of loss / over carriage / mis-delivery of bags be made in the error book and report in the DR
7. Entries in respect of mis connection of train/ bus/ Air services be made in the Error book and report in the DR
8. Make entries on both parts of the mail abstract viz. ‘Mails” & ‘Bags’ in respect of Mails despatched (due and unusual) including empty bags despatched. Complete the mail abstract and tally the forward bags under receipt and dispatch side.
9. The Mail lists despatched are placed on record duly stamped
10. Preparation of work papers for next working hours
11. Keep safe custody of stamps, seals, keys and blank forms by the H.S.A.