Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. The Belt of TruthThe Breastplate of Righteousness
2. Belt of Truth Ephesians 6:13-14
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (NASB)
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place (NIV)
3. Belt of Truth Put on the full armor of God means to clothe yourselves with Christ
"Put on the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 13:14)
4. Belt of Truth
Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a branch from his roots will bear fruit.
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.
And He will delight in the fear of the LORD, And He will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear;
5. But with righteousness He will judge the poor, And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth; And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked.
Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins, And faithfulness the belt about His waist.
6. Breastplate of Righteousness
He put on righteousness like a breastplate,
And a helmet of salvation on His head;
And He put on garments of vengeance for clothing
And wrapped Himself with zeal as a mantle.
7. Belt of Truth A wide belt worn across the lower torso to protect the loins
From the ribcage to the thighs
Belt essential to soldier
Held scabbard for sword
Kept tunic in place when he girded his loins
8. Belt of Truth Truth is a What
There is such a thing as objective truth!
Truth is a Who
"I am the way, the truth and the life." --Jesus, John 14:6
9. Belt of Truth 2 aspects to truth:
Lack of falsehood
Being consistent with reality
Integrity: truthfulness as character
We don't lie to ourselves
We don't lie to others
We don't lie to God
We don't lie in word or deed
10. Belt of Truth Wrapping truth around us is wearing the character and nature of Jesus.
To put on the belt of truth means
Getting and staying grounded in God's word
Thy Word is truth, John 17:17
Putting on the character of Jesus
11. Belt of Truth It's imperative that you have a settled conviction that the Word of God is just that, the God-given, God-breathed, God-protected, and God-preserved Word of God. You must settle in your heart that it is without error and that it contains all you need in order to live righteously before Him. If you are not convinced of these things, then the rest of the armor will be useless.
Lord, Is It Warfare? Kay Arthur
12. Belt of Truth Important truths from the Bible:
There is a God, and you are not Him.
He loves you and created you for relationship with Him.
He is holy and wants you to be holy too.
2 basic rules: love God, love other people
Jesus died for you to reconcile you to God and lives in and through you
The Christian life can be summed up in two words: TRUST and OBEY
13. Belt of Truth Truth is foundational to the rest of the armor. If we don't know the truth and own the truth, everything else will fall apart.
14. Breastplate of Righteousness Breastplate covered all of a soldier's vital organs, front and back
Usually made of metal
Guarded his heart
15. What does Righteousness mean? Dictionary.com: Morally upright; without guilt or sin
Right standing before God
Jesus traded our sin for His righteousness
2 Cor 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
16. The breastplate of righteousness protects us from grounds for accusation:
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:1, 38-39
17. How the Breastplate of Righteousness Works
I know God has forgiven me, but what do you do with all the garbage in the memories?
The breastplate of righteousness allows us to say:
My sin is paid for, so
18. The breastplate of righteousness is the shed blood of Jesus.
19. Labels God desires truth in our inmost parts (Psalm 51)
Which label are you wearing? It may have come from a parent, a sibling, a classmate, or even ourselves, but it originated with Satan because he hates you.
Write your labels on a post-it note, put them on yourself, and then take them to the cross. . . where they belong.
20. Labels Mistake Unwanted Loser Fat
Ugly Incompetent No self-control
Rebellious Can't do anything right
Never enough Nobody special Special
Dumb Unacceptable Disappointment
Damaged goods Inadequate Too old
Too young Shy People pleaser Frigid
Broken Tomboy Unloving Friendless
21. Labels Frigid Not working to potential
Unpopular Cold Dirty
Why can't you be more like your sister?
Disorganized Wicked Stubborn
Infertile Alone Lazy
Smarty pants Goody two-shoes
Bad mother Stuck up Tramp
Impulsive Woman with a past