Gifted Education in Middle School Rising 6 th Grade Students Troup County Schools May 2013. Purpose:. To explain State-approved models for providing gifted services to middle school students To explain how gifted students are assigned to classes
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Gifted Education in Middle School
Rising 6th Grade Students
Troup County Schools
Contracts should indicate:
1. What is the state requirement for gifted classes?
The state requires that all gifted students must receive a minimum of one segment (1 class) of gifted service per day or a yearly equivalent. In TCSS, we strive to provide services over the state requirement.
2. What type of scheduling accommodations will be provided for gifted students?
Every effort shall be made to assign students to as many gifted-service model classes as appropriate by scoring the rubrics. However, gifted students may not be eligible to receive services through a gifted-service model class in all subject areas.
3. What do we do when an out-of-state student transfers to Georgia?
Use the CRCT-type achievement test that is administered in that state. For example, Alabama students take the ARM test in reading and math. If the student has no criterion-based test score, please contact the director of secondary curriculum or the Exceptional Education department.
4. What do we do for rubric tiebreakers?
5. What do we do when an out-of-state gifted student transfers to Georgia? Does the student automatically receive gifted services?
6. What are the state requirements for teachers who serve gifted students through a cluster model?
7. What are the state requirements for teachers who serve gifted students through a collaborative model?
8. How do you rank students using the rubric?
9. How do you place students using the rubric?