Do the following (in this order). Clear off your desks (EXCEPT FOR PERIODIC TABLES I GAVE YOU YESTERDAY IN CLASS) Complete POP QUIZ (using Periodic Table) Take out your Science Notebook and glue the SMALL SHEET OF PAPER into it (this is where we will start our notes for today).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Today is Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Round 2, try again….tomorrow, turn in your 1) independent variable, and 2) dependent variable on a piece of paper (if not done - Science Fair Experiment)
Make Your Own Drink lab tomorrow REMEMBER!!!!!
Take out your Periodic Table (so I can see you have done it)
In table groups, discuss the following…..
- What is an independent variable?
- What is a dependent variable?
- What is an experimental group?
- What is the best way to measure the distance from SMIC School to the Jingqiao Carrefour, in centimeters, meters, or kilometers?
– This is the thing in your experiment that you are measuring or observing for change. This change happens depending on what you DO WITH YOUR INPEDENDENT VARIABLE.
Constants – These are the things in the experiment that remain the same the entire time the experiment is going on in BOTH the Experimental and Control groups.