AULAS 7 e 8 - AFFIXES: PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES. LONG BEACH, CA . A) Fill in the blanks with the words in parentheses. a) Did you understand my idea? b) He never does anything right because he misunderstands the teacher’s instructions.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
LONG BEACH, CA
1. a) That film shows the greatness of the
b) Tom Sawyer is a great book.
2. a) She has been weak since she had pneumonia.
b) The weakness of that people is their ignorance.
3. a) Loneliness is common to people of large cities.
b) Fran is a lonely girl. She’s always bu herself.
4. a) We can feel the dryness of the air in the desert.
b) There has been little rain, so the soil is dry.
1. a) Ozone is a stable gas. b) Weight and speed
are important factors for the stability of a car.
2. a) There is great probability of rain tonight.
b) What’s the probable solution for the energy
3. a) Paul is an old friend of ours.
b) Their friendship has lasted for many years.
4. a) Ghandi had a natural leadership over his
b) Martin Luther King was a very important leader
in the Afro-American society.
D) Complete the following sentences by adapting the word given in brackets.
1. The film was so predictable . You knew exactly how it
was going to end. (predict)2. The goverment is concerned about the significant rise
in homelessness. (homeless)3. It has been scientifically proven that stroking a cat can
lower your blood pressure. (scientific)4. In the UK it is illegal to sell cigarettes to children under
16. (legal)5. The film turned out to be a big disappointment. It was
really quite boring. (disappoint)
6. Lizzy has just won a given in brackets.scholarship to a world-renowned
university. (scholar)7. It's pointless arguing with them. They are not going
to change their mind. (point)8. You will need your parents' permission if you want to
go on the school trip. (permit)9. Thank you so much for the flowers. It's very
thoughtful of you. (thought)
10. Sarah speaks perfect French as she spent much of given in brackets.
her childhood in Canada. (child)11. I've misplaced my wallet. Have you seen it anywhere?
(place)12. Don't forget to disconnect the modem when you have
finished using it. (connect)13. Ben sulks like a child when he doesn't get his own
way. He's so immature . (mature)