Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. National Honor Society
2. Scholarship Students who are in the top 20% of their class at the end of their sophomore year.
The guidance director will certify this qualification.
3. Character Positive aspects of character include honesty, responsibility, cooperation, and general good citizenship. Criteria will be determined through disciplinary records.
4. Character Students with documented infractions of cheating, drug abuse, parking infractions, or any other breaches in discipline that result in detention, school suspension, etc. will not qualify for membership.
Candidates must have an assistant principal sign off on this component.
Records will be reviewed from the beginning of freshman year.
5. Service and Leadership The criteria of service and leadership are defined in terms of performance in school and community activities.
Students are required to be involved in at least 3 school activities totaling 50 hours.
6. Service and Leadership Students must also complete 100 hours of community service. This service must be done during your own time. You must give of yourself. Please do not work for a family member and consider it service.
7. Service and Leadership Students may only have 80 hours in one community service activity. We are, again, looking for that well rounded student. The other 20 hours may come from any other source, as many as needed.
There is no form from NHS for community service. Please request a letter from the organization for which you have volunteered.
8. Service and Leadership Candidates must submit a sign-off sheet to the National Honor Advisor after our December vacation. This sign off will list the activities and signatures of advisors of clubs, and will have letters of community service attached to it.